~Chapter 8- This is gross.~

I had my head on Leon's shoulder, it was sorta uncomfortable but I didn't mind much. I heard the sound of Ada's heels coming close.
"I think it's best we get out of here."
"You're right."

I got off the counter, Leon hopping down after me. I followed after Ada.
"Heard of the umbrella corporation? They're a pharmaceutical company secretly making bioweapons. They have a virus—it turns people into indestructible monsters."
"Makes sense. I can't tell you how many times i've killed one and had to re-kill it. I was pretty confused."
"That explains the horrible things i've seen."

Leon walks faster than I do, so he was always in front of me. We walked down onto the construction platform, the sound of the metal was hollow when our feet walked on top.
"And that's why i'm looking for Annette Birkin. She's the one at Umbrella responsible for unleashing the virus. I'm going to bring her down."

We turned a corner. I saw the opening tunnel to the sewers. I had a feeling that's where we were going. I wasn't going to like this.

We walked down some stairs. She stopped and jumped down. Leon put his hand on the floor and grunted while jumping down. I put my hand on the ground and jumped down too, a shockwave of pain went throughout my leg. I groaned in pain. Leon turned around.
"You alright?"
"Fine."

We kept going. Ada still leading us. The inevitable feeling of having to walk around in the sewer attacked me. This is going to be gross.
"This is how we get to Annette."
"Based in what you've said, the sewer seems fitting."
"Well said, after you..."

She stood aside, Leon and I going first.
"Gee, thanks."

Leon has an attitude saying that. I could tell he didn't like this either.
"So, how do you feel about the sewer?"

He gave me a side eye and looked forward.
"I guess you hate it too."

The sound of her heels echoed through the tunnel. It was annoying. Why would you wear heels at all?
"Can't imagine there being a real scientist down here."
"According to HQ... this leads right into Umbrella's secret facility."
"Come on. Sewers are run by the city. How could they have a facility...without the authorities knowing?"
"Welcome to corporate America. Umbrella's controlled Raccoon City for years."

We continued walking through the garbage filled, dimly lit sewer. I hated this too. I don't hate everything, but so far after what we've been through, everyone should understand why I hate it.
"Let me lead."
"I thought you wanted me ahead."
"You don't know where you're going."

She went ahead and took a left. We followed behind her. There was a large thing behind these iron bars. I could see it. Once it started moving Leon stepped back.
"What the hell...?!"
"Stay sharp. God only knows what's down here..."

We continued walking down the hall and took a left.
"Well, from here on you're going to be walking a lot. Drop some things if you want. I'll wait."

I looked in my side pouches. I had some ammo, a knife, an extra wrap, and some ointment. I looked in the left one and looked through all the notes I picked up. I didn't have much to leave behind. I put the notes in my chest pocket, I knew they were going to get walking through the sewer. I left the extra wrap behind, it would get wet too.

Leon set a bunch of stuff down. Parts of those herb plants, the keys, ointment, a ruby, some notes, a knife, and a few other miscellaneous items.
"Where did you get a damn ruby?"
"I just took it because it looked cool. I also needed it to unlock this thing, it had a stars badge in it."
"What?"
"I forgot to tell you I found a new gun too."
"Okay, never mind that. Take the knife with you. Take the ointment in case we need more. Leave the notes and other stuff."
"Alright."