~introduction~

It was late at night. I was already late for training, I had already been late like five times in two weeks. tragic really sucks. this time though it was solemnly my fault. I woke up late. Leon hates when i'm late.

I was speeding, ten miles above the limit but there's nobody on the road so what's the big deal? I still haven't given him a call saying i was going to be late, I already knew he would be yelling at me. I'm 19 I shouldn't be treated like a kid. I know what i'm doing.

I glanced over at the gas tank, the flashing letter E telling me my car was empty. there was a gas station a couple minutes away.

It looked sketchy but it was the only one around for another ten miles, and I knew my car wouldn't last that long. I parked and got out, the semi cold weather hitting my vulnerable skin.

I turned around and started to walk towards the store. It was dark, I was concerned to go in there. I grabbed my flashlight and turned it on, pointing it towards the window.

I looked through the window and opened the door. It was dark, almost no lights were on. No one was at the counter, no one was watching the store. I continued through, walking towards the back. A man sat on the floor, hunched over and holding his neck. He was bleeding quite a bit. He pointed to the door leading into the back.

I walked into the hallway and continued to the last door. When I opened it I thought I would never see. There was a man laying on the floor, bleeding out with his intestines on the floor. I looked up and watched this horrid monster eating it. Just grabbing fistfuls if the man and eating him.

I stood so still you'd think I was frozen. The thing stood. It moved slowly, it's eyes focused on me.
"S-sir i'm gonna need you to stand down."

The thing growled and started walking towards me.
"Sir! Stay there!"

He shuffled slowly, growling continuously. I raised my gun and aimed.
"Don't come any closer!"

There was six feet between me and it. I started firing. One time. Two times. Three times.

It continued to shuffle closer.

It flung itself at me, bringing me to the floor. I put my hand on its forehead and pushed it off. I scooted back with my legs and fired two more times.

It stopped moving. My heart was racing. My mind twice as fast. I felt as if my entire body had sped up. My breathing was hitched.

I put my hand on the floor and stood up, walking over to it and squatting down. I opened it's eye, it was solid white. Nothing moved. It was dead. I walked towards the man on the ground and looked at his face.
"I'm sorry about this."

I grabbed the gun and fired a shot into his head, making sure he didn't get up like the other guy. I didn't know what was going on but I wanted to stop it. I walked towards the door and pushed on it. It didn't open. I turned around and walked past the mess on the floor. I grabbed the keys on the desk near the computer and walked towards the door behind the counter. I heard growling again. I put the key in the hole and unlocked it, turning around and slamming it in that things face.

I walked past the counter and through the aisle. A stand fell behind me and another one of those things was struggling under it, trying to grab me. I opened the door and stopped.
"Get down!"