~Chapter 9- Through Ada's eyes.~

I didn't want them to die, but I didn't want them to live.

I'm not fond of her. Leon is the only one i'm trying to bribe, she's pulling him away. His attention and trust is buried in her, not in me.

He's naive. I know he is. Telling him they sell the G-virus? He believed it too. Even if they are selling it, i'm brining them along to help me get it. Keep it for myself.

She's not naive. She smart. She knows that where we're going is dangerous. She knows how to move and how to think, she reacts quickly...in some situations that is. That's something he doesn't have.

I looked through her pouches for the wrap she pulled out earlier. I forgot she left it.
"Hm. What can I do?"

I walked around, looking for a first aid kit. There had to be one somewhere. I went back into the room we were in before and looked around. There was one on the wall. I grabbed it and walked back towards Leon and Laci. I kneeled down and grabbed his vest, unbuckling it and setting it aside. I unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off his shoulders. I left it halfway on, I just need to expose his chest so I can wrap around the bullet.

The blood coming from the bullet went everywhere, staining the strap on his undershirt. I grabbed his body and leaned his head against the wall, making sure I could get my hands around his chest.

I looked for the right angle to pull the bullet from. I kneeled down again and turned my head, sticking my fingers in his wound and pulling the bullet out. Blood started to gush our more. I grabbed some of the gauze from the kit and wadded it up, sticking it in his wound. I stretched the wrap out and pulled it around his back, then over his chest. I did that a few times. I went towards his shoulder and wrapped around it, going towards his tricep. I secured the wrap and stood up, taking off my coat and setting it on his body.
"You'll be alright."

I grabbed the kit and set it next to Laci.
"I hope you won't be..."

I pulled out my radio and pressed the button.
"I'm right outside the facility, in pursuit of Annette."

I listened to him speak to me, walking away from their bodies.
"If it's not on her, it must be in the NEST."

He responded, commenting on how long it would be to get Leon to get the virus for me.
"Once it's in hand, i'll call for extraction."

I watched Leon's body, his breathing was slow. Seemed almost too slow. She was laying on the floor, breathing still, but sounded like she was choking in her sleep.

I walked to her, grabbing her body and setting her against the wall too. I might need her for the virus, we can use her body.

I turned, leaving them behind again.
"You can run, Annette, but you can't hide."

There's a passage way behind the fan there, I can see right through it. I pulled out my EMF visualized and pointed it towards the power box, starting up the fan. I pointed it towards the fans axel making the fan speed up so it would break and I could get through.

I climbed up the ladder and through the broken blades, walking through the curved hallway. I turned the corner and saw another fan.
"Great."

I did the same thing as I did before. I jumped down and looked around. There was a red light above the door, gotta make that green.

I looked around for the box with the visualizer and started it up. I traced the wires and flipped the switch, changing the circuit to go to the door. It unlocked. I walked over to it and pushed the door open, coming out in a much larger room.

I walked along the path way, seeing a box of ammunition on the barrel. I picked it up and loaded my gun.

I wish they'd have given me a bigger gun and a larger capacity.

I walked down the stairs and saw plenty of platforms and boxes, all sorts of those things. Metal sounds and clanking noises filled the empty atmosphere.

I walked around with the visualizer, following the wires in the ground. I walked towards the back of the room and flipped the switch, then following the wire back towards the work lift. This could possibly get me to NEST.

I walked into the lift and pressed the button, going up. I stepped off and walked on the next path way. Annette was walking towards something behind the glass.
"Got you now."

I she kept walking down the concrete hallway.
"You always been good at running, Annette. I'll give you that."

I opened the door and followed behind her. I kept the visualizer in my hand, turning the circuits. Just when I finished I heard footsteps, like boots, walking across the floor.

I turned around and saw the big guy that was from the garage.
"I thought I killed you!"

He picked me up and threw me down the hallway. I groaned and got up, aiming the visualizer towards the circuits again. I switched it and the door opened.

He swung his arm out for me, I ducked, running past him and into the next room. Another fan was there.

I re-wired the circuits and turned the fan on. I pointed it towards the circuits on the fan, speeding it up. His footsteps got closer as it went faster. It exploded, breaking the blades.

I jumped through and landed on the ground on the other side. I continued down the hall. There were some stairs and controls ahead, I went up the stairs and looked around. I picked up one of the notes sitting next to it and began to read it.

Well, I skimmed over it. You need a bracelet to access the demolition areas. Down there was the incinerator. I pulled the lever and looked down, watching the door slowly rise.

I walked down the stairs and towards the incinerator. A body sat inside. I walked in and looked at the body, watching a green light flash. I think it's one of those bracelets.

I picked it up and put it on my wrist. I heard the door closing, footsteps we're walking by. The hatch on the door opened, Annettes face peered through.
"Bravo."

I heard the switch flip, turning on the flames. I used the visualizer and looked around, trying to switch the circuits. In one minute I would be toast.

I switched the first one and traced it around, switching the second one. I traced it to the third one and flipped the switch, it didn't turn it off.

I traced all the wires again and found the box I needed to fix. I did so and the door locks became overused. The door broke and fell down. I ran out.
"That bitch knows what she's doing."

I took a right, towards the door I had seen before. It opened because of the bracelet. I walked through and looked down the hallway.
"You're ID is authorized until October first. Please return before this due date."
"That's not going to happen."

I took a left and opened the door. A rail traced the concrete path. I followed the way and got stopped by a bright light. I looked at it and saw Annette behind the window.
"Enough with this cat and mouse game."
"The game is over. You lost."
"Tell me: Is your husband still alive? Or did you kill him, so you could take credit for G?"
"Interesting theory..."
"If you don't cooperate, i'll get a sample from the NEST."
"Over my dead body."

She pressed a button. I became worried of what would happen. It slid towards me. I ran as fast as I could and jumped, grabbing the rail in front of it.

It fell, leaving me dangling from the metal. It started to budge, bringing me closer to falling in all the garbage below.

It moved one last time. My hand slipped and I let go, falling down onto something sharp and rolling on my back.
"Argh..."

There was a large wood chip deep in my thigh. I put my hand on it, trying to pull it out. It didn't move.
"Where's Leon when I need him?"

I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness. I couldn't breathe, my heart pounded. I leaned back on my elbows, trying to relax.

I slipped lower.

And lower.

lower...