~Chapter 10- What the hell?!~

We finished our conversation and looked around.
"Alright, lets go."

We stepped back down into the water. I looked to my left and then to my right.
"There's only one way we can go."

I started to walk to the right, Leon followed behind.
"Hey look, here's another way."

He went down the other way and shined his flashlight.
"Actually it's barred off."
"Okay."

I kept walking and I looked around. My foot slipped and I slid down a slanted wall of water. I held my breath and closed my eyes, falling into the water.

I stood up and looked around, wiping off my face. I heard water splashing around me. Leon grabbed my shoulders and looked at me.
"Are you okay?! What happened?!"
"I dunno, Leon I dunno."
"Are you hurt anywhere?!"

He grabbed my face and looked around.
"I'm fine, Leon. I'm alright."

He let go.
"Okay. Good. I'd hate for you to get hurt."
"A little late for that."

This was worse. The water here was fucking disgusting. The walls? Also disgusting. The trash? Even worse.
"This fucking stinks."
"Yeah, it does."

We continued walking down the dimly lit sewer. I saw something bobbing in the water.
"Leon, wait."
"What?"
"There's something over there..."

I shined my light and saw a bumpy pink thing. I walked forward, trying to identify what I was looking at.

It jumped out of the water and roared at me. I aimed my gun and fired. It picked me up and held me in the air. I leaned back as it roared in my face again, spit flying onto my skin. I looked back and it's mouth opened, it pushed its mouth in my face. I put my hand up, holding it back.
"LEON!"

He fired at it, a pustule popping on its shoulder. I stuck a knife in its neck and it dropped me, I fell into the water and stood back up to get away from it. Leon kept firing into its eye thing. I guess it was under the pustule.

The eye popped and it squealed, falling down into the water. Leon came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, i'm alright."

We continued down the sewer way, looking around the area. I just hated this. Worse than anything in the world. I saw ground without water on it.
"Up here."

I got up and grabbed Leons hand, helping him up. We walked down the hallway and kept our guns up. We could never know what would happen next.

I looked at him and back at the ground.
"Have you ever been through this before?"
"Of course not."
"No I meant like, you know, like stuck in an area and you can't wait to get out?"
"Yeah. A building fell once and a lot of people got trapped in it. I was told that I was needed. I arrived with my partner, Heisenburg, and we tried lifting stuff up to help everyone."
"You couldn't wait to get out of helping people?"
"No. Another building fell and I got trapped under the debris and tried getting out. I didn't get out until two hours after. I was slowly suffocating as well as everyone else. Five people died."
"Oh my god."

I looked to my left and saw stairs. Leon followed me up. There was a door with a lock on it. I unlocked it and opened it, holding the door for Leon.
"Holy shit. Leon, look."

He looked at the large cable car.
"Interesting."

We continued up the flight of stairs. I looked up and saw a ladder.
"You can go first."
"No, go ahead. Ladies first."
"Yeah, I know why."
"Whatever."

I grabbed the bars and pulled myself up. I put one foot after another. I looked up, seeing how much I had left.

My foot slipped and Leon put his hand up, holding my butt to keep me from falling. I put my foot back and continued climbing up. I grabbed the next bar, staying focused on what I was doing so I didn't fall again.