~Chapter 5- A way out.~

I put my hands on my head, staring at the floor.
"I can't believe we just left him behind."
"We had to."
"We didn't have to do anything! We didn't have to do any of this!"
"Then this entire state would be killed. The it would spread. We could save the entire planet!"
"Yeah maybe but if it means leaving people behind then I don't want to do it."
"Do you hear yourself right now?"

I put my hand over my mouth and walked around.
"You sound so selfish!"
"I don't want the people I love to die!"
"You'd rather the whole planet die than a few people?!"

I faced him. I couldn't tell how I was feeling. I felt so furious and upset at the same time. I held my breath and pushed my finger into his chest.
"Don't put words in my mouth!"
"Get your hand off of me."

I can't believe he thinks i'm being selfish.
"Or what?"

He looked at me, straight faced. A few seconds passed and no words came out of his mouth.
"That's what I thought."

I faced the closed door. We're leaving an entire city behind. We're leaving people who could be alive.

I sighed. I felt like everything was spinning. This room felt weird. It was a small secret room pretty much. There was a desk and books and everything. I took the ammunition box off the desk and put it in my side pouch.

I exhaled deeply, trying to let all my feelings go.
"You know what Leon?"

I turned around and put my gun in it's holster.
"I'll get out of this damn city with or without you. And you know what else?! I'm going to avenge Marvin and kill anyone who tries to fucking stop me."
"You don't mean that.
"Like hell I don't."

I turned around and pressed the elevator button. The doors opened and I watched the numbers go down. I didn't know where I was going. When the doors opened I exited, going down the path of stairs below. I looked to my left, seeing a wide open door. This must be the boiler room or something.

I went down the hallway. I heard the doors of the elevator open. I continued anyways. I'm still furious. Leon thought I was being selfish?! I'm just trying to keep people safe. That's why I wanted to be in the police force, to save people. Not leave them behind.

I heard running footsteps on the metal floor.
"Turn around."
"No."
"Don't act like a child. I'm trying to talk to you."

I stopped and he ran into the back of me. He stepped back and I turned around.
"What do you want?!"
"Being mad is only gonna get you killed."
"I don't want to leave these people behind! These are our people! We protect them! That's what we do at R.P.D! We protect and serve for the citizens of this city!"
"Quoting me won't change my mind."
"Then why did you ever tell me that."
"Because that's what Chief Irons says. He says that to everyone in the department."
"You're full of it."

I turned away and started walking again.
"Stop walking away from me!"

I kept walking. I was tired of him telling me what to do. I can't take all these rules. It's an apocalypse and i'm not even allowed to do what I want.

I heard him run up to me. He grabbed my shoulders. I kept pushing him off of me.
"Let go!"
"Hold still!"

He turned me around and I swung my arms around, trying to get him off of me. He held my wrists and pulled me closer to him.
"Stop it."

I tried pulling away. He grabbed my wrists tighter and pushed me into the wall, a little rough in my opinion.
"Calm down. Stop getting pissed off. You're gonna kill yourself by acting like that."

I looked at his face, I was tracing all the features on his face with my eyes. I met my eyes with his.
"Just breathe."

I exhaled and closed my eyes. When I opened them again I felt a little more relaxed. He was right though, being mad won't get me anywhere.