~chapter 2- We'll make it out~

Marvin had a laptop sitting on his thighs. It was a few years old, the white rim had aged, making it look yellow. He typed in words and numbers, directing me around the police station. He showed me where all of the statues were so I could open this passage way. I looked over at Leon, totally forgetting about how long he was sleeping.

I stood up and walked over to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and pushed him softly.
"Hey, Officer Kennedy. Wake up."

His eyes opened, blinking a couple times and focusing on my face.
"Yeah, it's me. Get up."

He sat up and rubbed his eyes.
"Good morning Officer Kennedy."
"Morning Marvin."

I smiled.
"Marvin! What are you doing here?!"

He chuckled and looked at Leon again.
"Well I was here when this all happened. People started busting through the windows, crawling in and biting people, scratching them, bringing them to the ground. Once they were down for about ten minutes, they woke back up. Groaning. Their eyes were white. They didn't speak anymore. I didn't know what was going on."
"What happened to your side?"
"I tried to help and officer... I... I didn't think it would attack me. I was just trying to help, and then... I-"
"You don't have to go on. I understand."

I sighed.
"There's a hospital!"
"What?" Leon and Marvin said in unison.
"There's a hospital somewhere over there! I Guarantee we can find it if we try. And we can get you to a hospital Marvin!"

He shook his head.
"It wouldn't do any good. It's too late. I'm already dying."
"But we can try! It's our best bet."
"I said no damn it! I'm gonna die! There's no one else alive! How would I be healed anyway?!"

I hushed myself. Leon stared at me and made the 'at least you tried' face. We looked back at Marvin and at the passage way again.
"I need to... lay down."
"Don't go yet."
"I'm just in pain. I need to lie down."

I felt bad for him.
"What should we do?"
"You're both smart. Figure it out."
"But the uniforms."
"Walk outside the doors, take a right, take another right, then go down those steps. There's a room with a few lockers in there. There should be some extra uniforms."

We nodded and turned around. Leon looked me up and down.
"What?"
"What happened to you?"
"Don't worry about it."
"I'm asking because I am worried about it."

I sighed.
"After you went to sleep, I got up and went to the easy hallway. I was curious to what was on the other side of the closed door. It said keep out on it but I had to know. I crawled under it and there was blood on the floor. I got it all over my arms and a little on my jeans. I was trying to be careful."
"That didn't work out well."
"Yeah, yeah I know."
"You still look good though."
"I'll say the same about you."

He gave me a side smile.
"And I encountered multiple dead people. I tried to save this guy... but he was ripped in half right in front of me. I was pulling his arms and the thing on the other side was pulling his legs. Then he just... ripped."
"Holy shit. That's-"
"Bad I know. I won't ever be able to shake that from my mind. But after that another guy busted through the watchman's door. I killed him then left the room. Another guy busted in through the window. I started running and came in contact with two more. I was in the press room and I left and then I got pushed to the ground. This guy bit my neck. It hurt."

I showed him and put my hand over it.
"I've got scratched on me too. They also hurt."
"I'm sure you'll be fine."
"I know I will."
"But after I saw those two dead guys I only had two bullets. I put one in each of their head and continued on. I walked back towards the door I crawled under and tried crawling out. Then I felt my ankles being tugged. I was worried I wasn't gonna make it. Then I met Marvin. He pulled me out and then killed it."
"Crazy story."
"There's more."