44

I kicked my shoes off on the mat at the front door as I made my way to Nick's room. I smiled at him as I opened the door to see him deep in thought- "What's up?" I questioned as he patted the bed next to him, motioning for me to sit down. "I have something to tell you" he glanced over my way as his cheeks flared red, "it's not a joke or anything" he played with his fingers as I nodded, "I won't" he looked up from his hands and straight into my eyes, "I'm not sure if you feel the same- but- but" he stuttered as I cocked my head at him in confusion. "Never mind" he mumbled before standing up and taking his top off and climbing in his bed, "are you not going to tell me?" I questioned as he turned red "I want to but I don't want to ruin this" he rested his head on his pillow as I walked out of the room to grab my pyjamas. I pulled them on and went back to Nick. I climbed into his bed as he gave me a confused look, I smiled at him as I nuzzled my head into his chest. "Why are you playing like this?" He mumbled to himself as I looked up to him, "I'm not doing anything" I draped my arm over his waist as he shook his head. I closed my eyes lightly as he sighed loudly, "I-" was all I heard before I fell asleep, I wanted to know what he was going to say, but then again if he thought it was going to ruin 'this' then I suppose it's best to not know.

I woke up to Nick looking at me in the same position we went to sleep in. I giggled as I scuffed his hair around "nice bed hair" I commented as he rolled his eyes, and playing with my hair. "Do you actually want to hear what I was going to say last night?" He questioned after moments of silence. I nodded lightly and gave him a confused look as he averted his eyes away from mine. "I know that you and Shawn have just finished and stuff and it's ok to be confused and stuff" he rambled as I narrowed my eyes at him- what has Shawn got to do with this? "Well" he paused for a second as he looked at me, "I like you- but I don't want to ruin this and if you don't feel the same it's ok, I understand" he flushed red as I laughed lightly, "why are you panicking?" I questioned as his cheeks slowly began to go from red to a light pink. "I know that Shawn and I have just finished, but he did me dirty and he hasn't really made an effort in the way you have" I paused as a stroke of hope came into his face,
"I don't want to put a label on it at this exact moment, but yes I like you as well". He kissed my forehead as he sighed a sigh of relief, "I thought you'd flat out reject me" he pulled me closer into his chest as I shook my head, "I thought about it and I feel like you're such a nice person and you should be the one that gets my love" I smiled up to him as I checked my phone. "Do you not have to record today?" He questioned as I shook my head "no, the production people are making the dance choreography and thinking of concepts for the music video so I'm ok until they do that". I read a text from Jin saying that he missed my company. I smiled as I replied saying that he will see me soon enough.

I sat down with my notepad writing a song called 'hurts like hell'. I hummed along to the lyrics as Nick peaked his head over the sofa and kissed my head lightly telling me he was going to the studio for a bit with his brothers and he would be back later. I nodded as I heard the door close and Chestnut bark goodbye. I finished the first verse as I decided it would be good to clear my mind and take Chestnut on a walk. I grabbed her lead as she began to get excited and circled around my legs. I attached her to the lead and we left, locking the door and heading down the streets of LA.

We ended up at a small dog cafe that was near to the house and I ended up getting a coffee and Chestnut got a few treats. We sat outside for a bit on the metal chairs as I drank and she ate her treats. I felt a tap on my shoulder as I turned around to see Nick with a smile on his face- "could have guessed you'd be here" he pulled a chair up next to me and petted Chestnut as she licked his face in excitement.

My phone rang out as I checked to see who it was- 'Shawn'. I rolled my eyes as Nick motioned for me to answer it. I answered the phone to hear Shawn's voice "why are you avoiding me?" He questioned with hurt in his voice "why do you think, Shawn" I sarcastically commented back as he sighed into the phone, "Why are you like this?" He questioned as I looked at Nick who was playing with Chestnut, "I'm not like anything Shawn" I sighed "you're with Nick" he mumbled as I hung up.

"Also, since when did you get bangs?" Nick questioned "you mean my fringe?" I said sarcastically as he nodded "yes, that" he ran his finger through it as I smiled "Jin and I cut each other's hair" Nick laughed as he shook his head, "made a friend for life there, haven't you" he smiled as I blushed and nodded.