35

Aggregated wasn't even the right word- I was furious! Shawn was so narrow-minded that he had been blinded by her false facade by completely crossing off her outrageous ways of flirting with him. He had insisted that she was 'just a friend', but do you see me doing that to anyone other than him? He doesn't understand the way the female mind works- and it's infuriating me! Her fake giggle made me cringe with envy as I was pretty much ignored for half an hour as my fiance galivanted with a woman who was quite blatantly being suggestive to him. It wasn't just the fact that she was all over Shawn- yes, that was a major factor to play into the situation- but it was that he had blown me off; completely disregarding me and not even bothering to introduce his fiancee to the blonde woman he was bantering with. 

"He didn't have to ignore me, Andrew- I think its better if I go somewhere else" I paced around Andrew's hotel room as he sat down on the edge of his bed and ran his hand through his hair. "You can't just leave like that- he's depending on you" Andrew sighed as I sat down next to him and then proceeded to push my back into the white linen and lay down, "I think I need space" I peered over to him as he turned around and rested his hand on top of mine in a comforting manner. "You don't have to be so rash, Rein, I'm sure it meant nothing" a small half-smile emerged on his lips as a look of pity absorbed his face. "I don't know, I think I need to go for a few weeks and then come back" I rested my hands on my face with my elbows pointing up to the air as Andrew laid back next to me, "its alright, chump, do what you think is right" he turned his head away from me as we both stared at the ceiling in desperation of finding the correct answer that was written in the cracks of the white paint.

I packed the remaining things of my stuff up including; a white plain t-shirt; my toothbrush; my hairbrush; and finally the bracelet Shawn had given me. I zipped up my bag as a single tear escaped my eye- Shawn had been out with Amelia all day and the few words he had said to me was 'I'm going out with Amelia, text me if you need anything' and that was it- for the past eight hours I had not heard from him or seen him. I put my sunglasses on as I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head and picked up my suitcase handle. 

I waved goodbye to Andrew at the terminal as I made my way to the aeroplane, hoping Shawn had not forgotten about me in a last-ditch effort to see him again. I pulled out my phone from my back pocket as I clicked onto Shawn's name and texted him 'Just so you don't freak out when you get to the hotel room, I've packed my stuff up and I'm going to Toronto, I'll see you soon x' I hit send as my flight was called so I made my way onto the plane. 

It had been an exhausting two hours in the sky. My heart was torn in two as the thought of Shawn being with Amelia made my heart clench and tears nearly enter my eyes. For the whole flight, I had been overthinking what they had been doing and what advances she had made on him- if shes got the courage to make them on him while I was standing next to him, then who knows what she's going to do when I wasn't there. 

I collected my suitcase and called Aaliyah; she picked up straight away "hello, what's up?" she questioned as I sighed, "can you get Manny or Karen to come and get me from the airport, I need somewhere to stay" she mumbled a 'sure' as she hung up. I was left waiting in an unfamiliar airport; with unfamiliar people; in an unfamiliar city. 

Soon enough, the whole Mendes family had arrived at the airport, ushering me into their car. Aaliyah wrapped me in a hug in the back seat as Manny was in the passenger seat and Karen was driving. "Are you ok?" she asked as I looked at her, my eyes began to well up with tears as she gave me a pitiful look. I had explained to all of them in the car journey back to their house about the situation with Shawn. All of them were confused to how Shawn knew this Amelia girl and why he had done what he had down with no explanation or text telling me he was alright. 

"You can either stay in the guest room or Shawn's room, it's your choice" Karen gave me a small smile as I walked into their house, "I'll stay in the guest room, thank you" I sighed as I picked up my bag and took it into the room to my left. I admired the room for a few seconds: white walls; pale yellow and green accents; light brown wooden furniture. I placed my bag onto the floor next to the bed and got out my pyjama bottoms and took out one of Shawn's hoodies. I changed quickly and sat on the bed for a few minutes until a knock was heard on my door, "come in" I called as Aaliyah poked her head around the slightly ajar door, "slumber party?" she questioned as I nodded, she dragged her pink duvet into the room, holding a little brown bear in her left hand as the other was balancing what looked to be three movies.

Aaliyah and I had watched two movies until she got tired and fell asleep on my chest- I couldn't help think for the rest of the night how Shawn was doing and what he was doing.