39

"Wha- what" my voice cracked as tears rolled down my face. "You- you-" I paused as I looked up to him. I shuffled away from him and put my head in my hands as my tears strolled down my face. I was in disbelief- he allowed her to do that to him and he didn't even tell me straight away. I sniffled into my hands as I continued to replay his words over and over in my head. My heart ached and at this point, I'm past being consolable. A hand gently touched the bottom of my back as I peered up to see Manny shaking his head at Shawn. He gave me a small reassuring smile as I wiped my eyes, he reached down and wrapped me in a hug. I broke the hug and stood up, walking to Shawn's room to collect my stuff. I rolled my suitcase down the stairs as Manny hugged me at the door and let me out the mahogany door. I put my bag into the Uber I had ordered as Shawn ran out of the double door uttering his apologies as I shook my head at him. "Please Rein" I looked down to the path beneath my feet as I used my sleeve to wipe my eyes. I handed him the ring on my finger as I muttered "I can't, I need time". I opened the door of the Uber looked at his face for the last time and closed the door and told the man to drive. 

I arrived at the airport and booked a ticket for the next flight to Los Angeles. I texted Nick telling him the situation, he comforted me for the time until I decided to put my phone away. I felt a tap on my shoulder as I turned around to see a petite girl with blonde hair. I smiled at her "Can I get a picture with you?" she questioned examining my face "are you ok?" presumably she saw my puffy eyes from crying, "sure, I'm fine I guess too" I took a selfie with her "what's your name?" I questioned as she smiled to me "Louise" I gave her a big hug "that's a pretty name" she blushed as she opened her phone and twitter popped up. She scrolled for a second and gasped slightly, "everything alright there?" I questioned as she shook her head "look" she motioned for me to look at her phone as a picture of Shawn and Amelia kissing came up. "I know, we just broke up over it" she gave me a small sad smile "is that why you look upset?" she questioned as I nodded lightly. 

I got onto the plane- I luckily got a window seat which means that I didn't have to move for people to get up and go to the toilet mid-journey. I put my headphones in and put my playlist on. I knew it was going to be a long flight, but I didn't care at this point, I just wanted to escape everything that had happened in the past weeks. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the side of the plane. 

I woke up to see we had two hours left of the flight. I looked to my right to see a boy around my age, next to him was a man in his thirties or forties. He looked to me as I blushed lightly. I turned towards the window and looked out to see the sun setting across the distance. The sky was filled with pink, yellows, reds with white clouds. I smiled gently as the boy next to me said, "it's beautiful, isn't it". All I could do was agree as we continued flying effortlessly through the multicoloured sky. 

I was greeted by Nick at the arrivals gate. I smiled at him as I engulfed him in a hug. I wanted to burst into tears but fought to keep them back. Eventually, they began to roll down my face as Nick noticed wiping my eyes gently. "Thank god I have you" I spoke as he reached his arm over my shoulder, pulling my suitcase and guiding me out of the airport to his car. 

I turned my phone on only to see a slurry of calls and texts from Shawn. I sighed as I rested my head on the window, tears falling from my eyes again. The darkness of the night and the cold window swept me into my dreams, the only place I could escape and be in my fantasy land. Nick rubbed my knee gently as I nodded off. 

I woke up to being carried by Nick. However, I didn't open my eyes as I, first of all, couldn't be bothered, and second of all felt like he would get a shock and drop me if I did. I snugged my head into his neck as I felt his eyes burn in the side of my head. Eventually, he placed me into a cold bed, tucking me in and turning off the light. I opened my eyes to see my phone on the side table- I picked it up with no hesitation, just to see what had been said. I sighed audibly as I saw the floods of notifications from Shawn. The majority including the word 'sorry'. I went onto twitter to see the picture of Shawn and Amelia circulating as well as the picture of Louise and I. Louise had posted it saying how she was happy she got to meet me, I followed her and went down the countless comments underneath the post. 'She doesn't look happy' 'she must have seen the photo' 'I feel bad for her'. I turned my attention to Instagram as I saw a picture of Nick hugging me on an 'exposing' account. I shook my head as I put my phone back down on the table and rolled over onto my side, wishing this was all a bad nightmare and I could wake up in the morning as if nothing had happened.