23

"Hey, I'm Rein" I smile to the four girls in front of me, shaking each of their hands, "I'm Ally, this is Dinah" The small blonde with striking brown eyes, points to a tall blonde girl, who is stunning. I smile to her as she does a little wave to me, winking, "Lauren" I smile to the brunette, she has beautiful green eyes, she looks really down to earth and chill, "Normani" I look up to her, her figure is beautiful and her hair is so pretty. I embrace each of them in a hug, smiling to everyone.

"This is 'He Like That' and we want you to feature in it' Normani hands me a piece of paper with the lyrics on it, my eyes scanning down, "make alterations to it if you want" Lauren smiles to me, handing me a pen.

"Thank you so much for helping us" Dinah smiles to me, giving me a big hug, "no problem" I had become more friendly with the girls, they were already good friends of mine, "well, we start tour in August, and I know you will just have came off the tour you're on now, but we've spoken to Andrew, and he's agreed to let you open for us" I gasp as they all look at me, "thank you, thank you, thank you" I squeal as all of them laugh, embracing me into a group hug.

"Honey I'm home!" I burst through the hotel room door, Shawn squealing and running to me, "thank god you're here! I thought you died!" He exclaims as I giggle, "obviously I haven't" I sit down on the bed as he shuffles over to me, wrapping his arms around me, "I love you" he nuzzles his head into my neck, looking up to me, "I love you too" he pulls me closer, pushing his lips on mine, kissing me gently.

"Hey, it's Nick" I listen carefully to the voicemail Nick Jonas had left me previously in Oslo, "Ring me back as soon as you can, yeah?" He put the phone down, I quickly dial his number, after three rings, he picks up, "yo, you wanted to speak to me?" I question as he sighs, "thank god you called, I was going a bit insane" he gently laughs, "anyway I wanted to ask if you wanted to be a feature on a new song?" His voice goes high pitched at the end, I let out a little giggle,

"of course, Nick, anytime"

"cos if I want you then I want you babe?" I question as he smiles, nodding, "yes, Rein, that is what the paper says" he playfully punches my arm making me roll my eyes, "you're so weird" I laugh as he stands up, opening the door, "ladies first" he gives me a playful wink, directing me through the door, "why thank you kind sir" I bow to him after walking through the door, "you are welcome, kind woman" he sends a cheeky smile to me, his eyes linger on my face for a bit, "what you waiting for? Let's go!" I exclaim grabbing his hand and running down the corridor, "woah, Rein, slow down" he pants as I come to a halt, Nick running into me. "Sorry" I laugh, my eyes traveling down to our hands still tightly held together, "oh yep sorry" I pull my hand away from his as his cheeks flush red, "it's ok".

After our awkward encounter, everything seemed to have been going according to plan. We had gotten on with making the backing beat and other things. Everything, from my point of view, had been going good. But, from Nick's, it hadn't. He seemed overly stressed and picky over the smallest things. "Nick, do you need a break?" I question as he sits down, resting his head in his hands, huffing. "I'll take that as a yes?" I question, plopping myself next to him, putting my arms around his torso, hugging him.

We sat for a number of minutes. Not speaking. Not moving. Only hearing each other's heartbeat. I was confused to say the least, Nick had not spoken, and somehow I still held onto him, my head rested on his chest, his arm on my waist and his other arm playing with my hair. I felt as if I had been there forever in a comfortable silence. And I felt as if I could be there a lot longer.

"But daylight is so close" I sing into my mic, clicking along to the beat, "baby don't you know, all them tears gonna come and go" Shawn walks on stage "we're gonna be alright" he warps his arms around my torso, making me turn around, "we're gonna be alright" I sing again as Andrew walks in, slightly glaring at Shawn, "let her rehearse" he snarls at Shawn as he removes his hands off me, quickly kissing my forehead, and running off.

"I don't know what got up his arse" I laugh with Shawn, "maybe a cat died in there" he gazes into my eyes, making a long pause, "you're so beautiful" I flare red, I'm still, and probably always will be, embarrassed when someone was gorgeous as Shawn calls me pretty or beautiful: it's different for me. I never used to be called anything other than ugly. My square framed glasses and braces plastered across my teeth in middle school. All I ever got was abuse from the "populars". It was everyday. It made it worse when my mother and step father abused me none stop. It made me realize how unwanted I was. Until Andrew found me. Until Shawn told me he loved me. Until I made great friends with the ladies of fifth harmony, Austin, Nick and so many other people.

I look up to Shawn, my eyes watering a little bit. A single tear rolling down my face. "Baby what's wrong" Shawn wipes my tear with his thumb, holding my face in his hands; gently rubbing my jaw.

"Just thinking about how lucky I am"