41

I woke up with Chestnut snuggled up next to me as well as Nick sitting on the end of the bed. "Good morning sleepy" he smiled at me as I yawned- Chestnut waking up too and waddling up to Nick as he picked her up and hugged her. I gave Nick a hug as he stood up, he wrapped me up kissing the top of my head making my cheeks flare red. I kicked Nick out of the room and changed into some leggings and a white t-shirt. I then attached Chestnut's new lead to her and went to find Nick sitting on the sofa channel surfing. He stood up when he saw me and grabbed her lead in order for me to tie my laces.

We took Chestnut on her first walk which she was elated about, it wasn't all fun, however, paparazzi spotted Nick and I and quizzed me on the Shawn situation, asking me questions on why I don't have my ring on and why he was seen kissing another girl, all I replied was that it was his decision to come clean about what happened. I decided it was a better idea to allow him to tell the media what he had done to me rather than saying something and potentially messing us and getting into more trouble. They also questioned me on Nick as both of us insisted we were just friends.

We ended up lounging and watching Netflix for the day- we probably should have been recording stuff and doing things music-related but neither of us felt as if it was necessary today, in particular, to do so. I felt as if Nick was the only one I could stand with- he, unlike Shawn, would not go behind my back which I liked about him- he was very caring and I could read him like an open book. If I was sad he would be able to help me instantly, just as I helped him when he was having rough days. I liked that Nick knew exactly the right thing to say and when to say it. I like how he puts others before himself and how he is so selfless. But the thing I like about him most is his smile- it could literally light up a room. However, he reminded me so much of Shawn, and I couldn't get that out of my head. I missed Shawn- more than anything- but I can't face him. I wanted to forgive him and take him back and I know she kissed him but even then, taking another girl to dinner is still what I deem to be cheating. I wish he knew what was going to happen when he met up with her- I knew she was trouble. She occupied all of his time and made him ignore me- I know it's not all her fault but she went in with a mission and that was to get Shawn back. I'm not completely sure if it was for his fame or if she genuinely missed him but I am sure she was willing to do anything in order to get what she wanted. I checked my phone and saw eighty-one missed phone calls and three-hundred and seventy-one texts from Shawn. I didn't want to ignore him, but I'm waiting for him to come clean to the media so I can begin my healing process. I got a text from Andrew asking what was wrong and why Shawn was behaving the way he was. I sent the picture of him and Amelia with no context and that was all I sent him. He texted me back saying how he was sorry that that had happened.

I cut up some vegetables and put some in Chestnut's bowl along with a small tub of dog food. I placed it on the floor as she waddled over to it and began eating. I placed a bowl of risotto in front of Nick as he thanked me and picked up his fork and started eating. We finished up just as my phone rang 'Shawn' appeared as he nodded to me indicating for me to pick it up. I stood up and took my phone to my bedroom and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I questioned as a sniffle was heard from the other side, "thank god you answered" he mumbled as I sat n the edge of the bed "say what you want to say" I murmured as he sighed, "I know you're with Nick" he paused for a bit "I don't know why you've gotten into another relationship so fast and you didn't even give me a chance to explain myself" I sat with my mouth gaping in disbelief- "Nick and I are just frien-" I defended myself as he interrupted "I want you back" his voice cracked as I shook my head "Listen, Shawn" I paused for a split second "I've been pestered by paparazzi all of today over that photo and the context of it" I sighed "I'm not getting back with you unless you explain yourself to them and issue a public apology". I hung up and threw myself back on the bed just as Nick walked into the room. "Everything alright?" He questioned as I shook my head "he wants me back and he thinks I'm with you and he seems jealous and its-" he interrupted me by putting his finger on my lips "calm down" he sat down next to me, "he can't expect you to go straight back with you" I sat up and looked over to him "he needs to understand what he did was a mistake on his behalf and he cannot just blame that girl" he put his hand around my waist and shuffled towards me, "besides that, he's an idiot for missing out on you" he paused for a split second, "you're one of a kind" he looked down to the floor as I blushed a bright red colour.

"You're so beautiful"