Chapter 63; Nurse Spencer

A little over a month; December 18th
Penelope and Kylene; 4 years
Mason; 1 year and 9 months
Landon and Adalyn; 6 months

Spencer POV

It's been a little over a month and I have been so stressed out lately it isn't even funny. Toby has the flu which isn't helping me at all! I have all 5 kids all by myself. It's not easy at all because normally Toby is home and able to help enough that it works. It's about 10am I just walked it with Mason, Adalyn, and Landon. After dropping Penny and Kylie off at Preschool, It was such a terrible morning, They were so cranky! All of them and Toby was in bed because he's sick, they only listen to him so without him it was hard. I walked in the living room and Mason is laying on the couch. I am sitting next to him feeding Landon while I have Adalyn in the bouncer in front of the tv, it's a lot calmer without the older girls. I noticed mason rubbing his eyes. "Are you tired honey?" He looks up to me and nods. I smile and lay Landon down and start to feed Adalyn. I put my arm out for Mason too who comes and lays his head on my shoulder and falls asleep. Landon falls asleep in his bouncer as well. I soon Pick Mason and Landon up and lay them in bed for a nap and rock Adalyn to sleep as well. As soon as I finish I go into mine and Toby's room and lay down next to him. I know he's sick but I am so tired I needed to lay in my bed, not the couch.

I start to doze off when I hear Toby moaning not feeling good. I feel really sorry for him, he has the flu and there really isn't much I can do for him. I roll over and wrap my arm around him and he looks at me and smiles a little. I look at him and smile as well then close my eyes flutter shut. Not even five minutes later, I feel Toby get up and run to the bathroom, and start throwing up. I hear him "Toby?' I still hear him throwing up, so I get up and walk into the bathroom. I sit down next to him and rub his back for him, as he has always done for me when I was sick, and or pregnant. He looks up at me "I'm sorry Spence." I look at him "Why would you be sorry?" "Because I know your tired and you need to sleep, and I woke you up." "Toby seriously... how many times have you been here for me when I was sick?" He looks at me not saying a word "Exactly, now I am going to be here for you." He smiles then turns fast and throws up again and I rub his back, as he is still throwing up I hear Adalyn crying at the top of her lungs. Toby stops for a minute "Go." he says and I look at him confused "Go get her!" He looks at me and then sits by the toilet with his hands over his face. "Okay.." I stand up and go into her room picking her up and rocking her. I feel her and she has a super full diaper "Someone needs a diaper change" I smile and kiss her and head and lay her down on the changer. She still wouldn't stop crying and I was starting to think it was more then just her diaper, I unbutton her onsie, and hear Landon start to babble in his sleep. I didn't want him to wake up so I quickly grabbed a diaper, wipes, and Adalyn and I quickly walk out into the living room and lay her on the floor and I start to change her. I just finished and was picking her up and Toby walks out "Spencer?' I pick her up bouncing her and she is still crying at the top of her lungs. "What?' I look at him getting a little annoyed that she won't stop crying, and that he is sick and can't help, and that all I want is a small nap. "Why is she so upset?" I stare at him "If I knew don't you think i'd be trying to help her!?" He stays on the stairs not wanting to get to close to her, not wanting her to get sick. "I'm sorry I can't help, but I don't think you want her sick either.' "I know Toby, I'm fine, just go lay down and rest." I say walking into the kitchen irriated, and I go where he can no longer see us and bounce her.

I stand in the kitchen and look down at Adalyn in my arms. "What is your problem Child! I just changed your diaper, and you just ate, and you were just sleeping, I don't know what else to do for you!" I start to tear up, not understanding why she is so upset. I just stand in the kitchen holding her rocking her back and forward. I figured Toby was back upstairs sound alseep resting. I really wish he wasn't sick right now. About an hour goes by and she finally starts to cry so much that she wears herself out and falls asleep in my arms. I carefully walk back into the living room and lay her down in her bouncer, and lay on the couch and watch tv. As I was laying there I was starting to doze off myself, when I was interupted once again. This time I see Mason standing in front of me, poking me in the forehead "momma, momma." He repeats and I open my eyes and sigh. "Mason.." I sit up and look at him "Why aren't you taking a nap like your supposed to be?" He looks at me and holds his tummy. "Do you feel okay?" He shakes his head no and I sigh "Your tummy hurt?" He looks at me and shakes his head yes. I sigh and pick him up and lay him in my arms on the couch and start rubbing his tummy. Hoping to make him feel better at least some.