Chapter 6

Darien's POV

I ran through the door and out onto the street as fast as I could. I could hear myself panting but I didn't care. I was so confused, I didn't know why I was running. Everything was fuzzy and then all of a sudden I just started bolting down the road. All I heard was screams and I didn't know what was going on. I just knew that I was running and for some reason I couldn't stop.

I took a big stride forward and lost my footing, tripping, but I managed to catch myself before I fell. I looked down at the ground as I steadied myself and screamed once I saw what was below my feet. All I could see was a dark scarlet colour covering the expanse of the paved ground; blood. The liquid became to feel thick and stinky below my feet, slowing down my stance. I didn't know where it was coming from or why it was there, but I knew I had to get out of there. Wherever I was.

I came to a halt when I heard a very loud high pitched scream, obviously coming from a woman. I looked around frantically, searching for whoever made the godawful noise. My body was spinning all around, my neck twisting from side to side as I took in my surroundings. I had somehow managed to run between two buildings without noticing. I was standing still in the middle of a dark ally and all of a sudden the end if it started to cave in; a wall was closing in on the end.

I whipped around to exit the way I came in but jumped and yelled frantically as I saw a lifeless body lying on the ground in front of me. A young girl lied completely frozen covered in blood with a slit across her neck. How did she get there? I just came that way and she was not there before. My eyes were dripping with tears, my cheeks were littered with the salty water as I struggled to breath. I didn't know what to do. I had to just leave her there? Run away and leave her lifeless body to rot in a puddle of blood? I had no choice.

I was ready to jump over her body and continue running from the terrible screams that were surrounding me from every direction. I didn't know who it was that was screaming or where it was coming from, but it was so loud and there were multiple voices letting go of their yells. I looked up from the dead girl and froze completely when I saw the shadow of a tall man wearing all black, covered in the scarlet liquid standing at the open end of the ally. I looked closely but couldn't make out his face, the black sky made it too dark to see.

He started getting closer and closer to me, being completely silent. He didn't make a sound and all that could be heard now was my breath. The loud screams suddenly stopped and the red substance started to appear beneath me again. Blood started to flow out from the ground and spread all around my feet, slowly taking up more and more of the ground. As the strange man got closer to me, I saw something shinny flash in his hand. The long blade of a sharp knife came into view and my body went cold, the colour draining from my face completely.

I backed up as far as I could until my back hit the brick wall behind me. I had no where else to go; I was trapped. He got so close I could feel his breath hit my face and he grabbed my hip, pulling my body into his. He raised the knife up to my neck and I screamed before I felt the cold object make contact with my skin.

I gasped loudly for air and jumped up on the bed. Tears slowly trailed from eyes down my face as I looked around the room. I was still in Harry's house, safe and unharmed. I guess I couldn't exactly say safe but I wasn't dead.

That dream felt so real, like it was really happening. It was so detailed and it felt like I was really there, living what was happening. It scared me beyond belief and I was shaking in my place as I sat on the bed quietly. It was no doubt that the man in my dream was Harry and it had everything to do with what was going on at the moment. That girl dead in the ally must have took the place of one of his victims in reality. Maybe she was Maggie Greene, his latest victim and my old friend from school, or maybe she was supposed to represent all of his victims. I don't know but it sure scared the shit out of me.