Chapter 12

*Idk if I told you who plays Darien yet or not but it's Nina Dobrev because she's gorgeous! Oh, and do any of you think you'd be interested in making some edits? I'd love to start putting those on chapters but I'm shit at making them. If you would like to make one feel free and message me so you can email it or whatever. Thanks!*

*Not edited yet, sorry*

Darien's POV

Days had gone by since that morning; three to be accurate. That day Harry had stayed in his room doing god knows what. I heard him on the phone every-so-often and it shocked me to say the least, I did not expect him to be aquatinted with with anyone. I had wondered who he could possibly be chatting with and what about, but the longer I thought about it the more I realized that I really didn't care that much. It wasn't like this person or people could do anything to help me anyway. If anything, they probably already knew about me and were on Harry's side.

For some reason Harry's nice attitude had stuck around somewhat and only disappeared on occasion when he thought my behaviour was 'inexcusable'. I really hadn't fine anything wrong and that was proof enough that Harry's was ticking time bomb that would go off at any moment for absolutely nothing at all. His bipolar disorder definitely was not overlooked in my case.

The last few days had been spent with me watching some shit series on tv and Harry being his unusual self. I've come to terms with the fact that I will never fully figure him out but I will still never be okay with that. It's an excruciating feeling knowing that I'm here with him but I'll never entirely know him.

"Darien," Harry said. He entered the living room and looked me up and down from head to toe.

"Yes?" I murmured.

"I need to go somewhere for a few hours and I can't take you with me for obvious reasons," he paused to take a breath. "So, I'll be leaving you here until I get back." Hope sparked inside of me, my eyes immediately lighting up. I'd be here alone for hours without Harry watching over me.

"Before you get too excited, you should know that all of the doors lock from the inside and out. Both sides of every knob need a key and I," he smirked and held his hand up. "Have that key." My happiness sank and my hope dwindled down to nothing, leaving nothing but an empty pit in the bottom of my stomach.

"I-"

"I'll be back in a few hours. Don't do anything stupid because I thought of a new method of punishment for you, baby." The smirk that grew on his face caused my gut to twist, a sick feeling rising up my throat. I did not want to know what he would do if I was to mess up.

"O-okay," I whisper.

"Goodbye, baby. I'll see you in a bit," he muttered and took a few steps closer to me. He grabbed my waist and tugged me into him, firmly planting his lips to my forehead in a kiss. Confusion swept through me as he pulled away and went to the door. He unlocked it with the key before leaving and locking it again from the outside.

What the fuck was that?

The first thing I had planned to do when he left was to search for that key and get the hell out of here, but since he took that with him I'm screwed. I stood in the same spot for a few minutes, wondering what I would possibly do in this house for the next few hours. I sighed to myself before walking over and plopping back down on to the couch. What was Harry even going to do anyway? I found it hard to believe that he would actually have friends.

I grabbed the remote and flicked through tv channels for a bit before settling on the news channel when my brother came across the screen. I willed myself not to cry as he started speaking to the reporter.