Chapter 23

So many mixed feelings and emotions.

*Not edited yet*

Darien's POV

"Darien, I still can't believe you're home." Alex chuckled through his nose, pulling me into the ten millionth hug since last night.

"Me neither," I whispered, sniffling. I was still very emotional about finally being here and about what happened with Harry, it was all surreal.

"Your arrival is already all over the news. The press is buzzing and the citizens are going wild. They can't believe that you made it home alive after all this time," He informed me, still squeezing me into his chest.

"I'm surprised I'm here, too, if I'm being honest. This is the last thing I ever expected to happen." I pulled away from the hug to stand in front of him, shooting him a small smile.

"I was on the phone with the police earlier this morning, they would like you to go down and make a statement, and if you can, give a description of your kidnapper," Alex said as he turned to enter the kitchen.

I froze at his words, dreading what I was about to say. I knew that this moment would come eventually, but I was hoping they would give me a bit more time to situate myself and calm down from all the publicity I was going to get as soon as I stepped foot out the door. The news reporters would be right there, waiting to get the first scoop about what had happened to me. I already knew that I was going to deny them of any information.

"Alex," I sighed out. He gave me an expectant look, waiting for me to continue. "I'm not giving a statement." His face dropped.

"What do you mean you're not giving a statement?" He demanded, raising his voice.

"I mean that I'm not talking, not even to the police," I explained.

"You have to, Darien! You do not have a choice in the matter! At least give a description of the asshole!" He yelled, his anger increasing as each second ticked by.

"I'm sorry, but I can't," I said in a much calmer tone, shaking my head lightly.

"He's a fucking murderer! He's the same person that's been killing innocent people and you're not going to help lock him up? What the hell is wrong with you!" He came marching over to me, glaring daggers.

"I can't say anything, so I won't!" I yelled back, standing my ground.

"What are you running from? Him?"

"Alex, please," I whispered. I couldn't stand being yelled at, and I had gotten enough of it when I was with Harry. I just needed Alex to understand, he was the only person that would.

Alex's gaze softened when he saw my distressed expression. He let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair, pulling me into yet another hug. He rubbed his hand up and down my back, calming us both down.

"I know that you've been through a lot, I can only imagine what he has done to you. Hell, he did a shit load of stuff to me, too. I can understand why you would be scared to tell the police everything, and why you would he hesitant and slightly embarrassed to say what he did, but it's the right thing to do, Darien. He kept you for over three months, and judging by your apprehension about speaking, he probably did horrible things to you. Not to mention, he ruffed me up and killed my girlfriend. You have to help put him away, it'll be better for everyone." I could hear the stress, pain, and exhaustion in his voice as he spoke, and I felt even worse.

"Please understand and except my wishes, Alex. I'm not speaking, I'm sorry." I shut my eyes, and sighed, knowing that he wouldn't be okay with that in the least.