Chapter 4

Darien's POV

I woke up to the rustling sound around me and he sudden jolt of my body. My eyes opened slowly and I squinted in the darkness, burying my face into whatever hard surface my head was rested on. I grew confused when I realized the object was actually a person, and my eyes snapped open further with the discovery. I wiggled around in the persons grip, whining loudly while trying to get away. I stopped moving all together when I suddenly remembered what had happened a short while ago, or a long while ago, I'm not exactly sure. I looked up to the person and my eyes widened seeing the killer smiling down at me. I still couldn't make out his face perfectly, as it was still dark.

"Hello, beautiful," he smiled and brought his hand down to my face, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. He was carrying me bridal style, walking through the dark outside.

"Where are we?" I asked abruptly, spinning my head around, looking frantically at my surroundings. I couldn't make much out though.

"My house," was all he said before coming to a stop in front of a warn down looking house. It was completely dark except for a small sensor light on the front porch, lighting up the small area in front of the door. It was surrounded by forest, in the middle of nowhere I'm assuming.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked when he opened the door and set me down, slamming it shut behind us. My body went ridged as the darkness engulfed me, and I was stood there in the middle of the room in nothing but pitch blackness. Suddenly, a light flicked on and the room brightened.

"Because, I couldn't leave you at your house to tell everyone. Now could I?" He spoke from behind me. I spun around to face him and I gasped loudly, stumbling back on my feet.

I stared at him with wide eyes, my jaw hung wide open. Dark brown curly hair adorned his head, and he had bright green eyes that looked right through me. His jaw line was cut sharply and his deep dimples popped through his cheeks as he grinned widely at me. His appearance definitely matched his deep, raspy voice, and as much as I wished it wasn't true, he was beautiful. And then something in my brain clicked that caused my eyes to widen even more.

"You're- you-" I struggled to get the words past my lips. "You're the.. the man from the store," I finally got the words out. His grin widened even more as he stepped closer to me.

"I was hoping you would recognize me," he chuckled and grabbed my arm, pulling me into him. He looked down at me; literally down at me with his towering hight, and smiled.

"But-but why?" I asked him.

"Why what, darling?" He cocked his head to the side and looked at me curiously.

"You were looking at me strange, and then when I was in Starbucks with Nicole, you were looking at me funny then, too," I trailed off, talking more to myself than to him.

"I was intrigued by you, really," he smiled again. "The way you talked and the kindness you showed toward me, it really isn't something many people do," he finished.

"What are you walking about?"

"You were so polite, and you were so gorgeous, I couldn't help myself with the glances I stole. And you'r friend, she was pretty too," he mused and walked over to the living area off to the side. He took a seat on the couch and nodded his head at me to follow. I slowly sat down and tried to keep my distance.

"Why did you come after me?" My voice was small as I spoke.

"Because, baby girl. You have the similar look I go for; brown hair and brown eyes, and you are beautiful. I couldn't pass you up, I'm coming to a short with girls that look like you," he explained.