Chapter 9

*Bipolar Disorder is mentioned and briefly discussed in this chapter. I don't know much about how it works but I did a bit of research for types of medications and a few details of what the disorder is like. I can garantee that a lot of what I say about it is probably wrong.. but I tried and it is only for the sake of the story. Just wanted to let you know that it is not my intention to offend anyone in anyway*

Darien's POV

The fallowing day, I had woken up with a pounding ache in my head. I cried for hours after I got off the phone with Alex, resulting in a dull dizzy feeling. Harry, for some reason, comforted me the whole time I cried, wiping my tears every few minutes and whispering reassuring words to me. It made me very confused as to how he could pretend to be there for me when he is the one who caused all of this. I felt relief yet anger at the same time. It's a feeling I just cant describe.

I have no idea what time it was when I went to sleep, but I was certain that it was well last midnight. I had wasted my whole entire day lying on the couch weeping into Harry chest. The mere thought of it sickens me now to think back to. I shouldn't have been so foolish, I shouldn't have shown so much weakness. I found comfort in him and I shouldn't have. I showed my vulnerability and that will eventually come back to bite me full force.

Harry suddenly came through the door with a neutral expression plastered on his face. He nodded his head out the door, a silent signal for me to leave the room. He seemed different than he had last night, but I guess I should have been expecting that. I stood up and walked past him, saying nothing as I walked into the living room and sat down.

"What do you want to eat?" Harry's voice startled me, causing me to jump a little.

"Um.. Nothing," I shook my head and looked down at my hands.

"You're eating something, so tell me what you want or I choose," he demanded, his voice rougher this time.

"I don't- I'm not hungry," I whispered lightly. My voice came out so quiet I wasn't sure if he had heard me.

"Too bad. You're eating," he didn't give me a chance to respond before he disappeared into the kitchen. His bipolar mood swings really kept me confused and on edge. I never knew how to analyze what he was thinking or feeling before he bounced to something else all too quickly.

I sat down on the couch and tried to process all that had happened in the last how ever many hours. I was happy at home with my brother and my friends less than a week ago, and now I'm here with this strager who has killed multiple people. I can't even begin to count the times I have gone over this in my head but I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that this has happened to me and I am where I am right now.

Lately, the murders that Harry have commited have been the number one thing on my mind. I should have more important things on my mind...like why I am here, how I will get out, and what will happen to me in the near future. But, for some reason I can't get the past events out of my head. I want to know the reason why he has done what he has, and what could have possibly possessed him to do it. A young man that could have had such a great life and many good things in his future decided to destroy it all and ruin the life of other people instead of focusing on his own. What were his motives and how could someone so young hold so much grief and anger that they need to use it toward killing multiple people? I want to learn all about it... I want to know it all.

The more I think about it, the more frustrated I get. I try my hardest to think of anything that would cause someone to become so angry and full of hatred toward the world that they could take an innocent life, but the harder I think the less I come up with. I have no idea how anyone could do such a thing, and it's depressing to know that he is in the other room planning how he will take the next life..mine.