Chapter 16

*Ariel is played by Lily Collins (Alex's gf if you don't remember)*

Lmao you know what I realized? Darien's brother's name is Alex and for the last few chapters I've been calling him Jeremy.. Oops 😂 But it's Alex so if you see the name Jeremy, pretend it says Alex 😂

Vv important question: Cara Delevingne or Barbra Palvin? Comment!

Also, I'm shooting toward 20-25 chapters?! It won't be that long of a story so give me your thoughts on that.

Darien's POV

Three more days had passed.

No irrational events took place. Harry stayed in the house the whole time, and my bruises had started to fade. Nothing spectacular had occurred in the timespan. I didn't know if I should be great full of this or utterly deflated by the lack of events. After all, my boredom seemed to double just as fast as the drama dwindled. That was still the least of my worries, I supposed.

I was still forced to sleep on the cold mattress on the floor with a flat pillow and a flimsy sheet, only a thin knit blanket had been added one night. I woke up and it was laid over me, presumably because it was a rather chilly night and I was probably shaking in my sleep. I was surprised that Harry showed remorse toward me and gave me an extra blanket. Maybe it wouldn't have been so shocking a few days ago, prior to the beating, but after Harry showed his true colours I would be surprised to see him even smile at me.

Which he did twice, actually. He managed two small smiles that were barely visible within the past three days, and only because I tried my hardest to make him feel as guilty as I did. That was most likely a lost cause, however.

It took a while to convince myself to ask Harry to give me a comforter and another pillow before I actually did so. The moment the quiet plead left my lips, an emotion that was next to impossible to decipher flashed behind his eyes and he gave in with next to no effort at all.

"Here you go. They are both clean, I just pulled them out of the linen closet in the hallway. You really should have asked me for them sooner if you were cold or uncomfortable, Darien," Harry softly scolded me as he unfolded the pure white comforter over my bed and placed the extra-fluffy pillow over the other flat one.

I tired to dismiss the bubble in my mind that was about to pop, making me believe that I may have asked Harry for them awhile ago and he denied my request. I could've been mistaken, though.

"I just assumed that you wouldn't give them to be, if I'm being honest," I made eye contact with him for the first time in what felt like forever.

"I wouldn't make you freeze," he rolled his eyes.

"Then why is this all I was given when I got here?" I bit back. I regretted my tone as soon as I spoke, scared that it would anger him.

"Because this room was not in use before you got here. Plus, I decided to leave it like this to show you who you were dealing with. I figured maybe you'd behave and show me respect if you thought I was harsher," he explained.

"I thought you were harsher before I even met you. You are a murderer," I rolled my eyes like he had a moment ago.

"Really? You're you sure? Because before you knew who I was, it was obvious that you found me attractive, not cruel," Harry smirked as he started coming closer, walking around the bed toward me.

Confusion took over me and my eyebrows furrowed. "What are you talking about?"

"Remember the first day we saw each other? I was behind you in line at the grocery store, if I recall correctly. You blushed when all I did was smile at you," he started to chuckle, still getting closer.