Chapter 8

*Not edited yet, my apologies! Also, I think it's a shorter chapter but I wanted to end it where I did so please enjoy anyway! Thanks loves xx*

Darien's POV

Tears pricked my eyes from the strong burning but I forced myself to hold them in, I will not cry again. I blinked a few times until they went away, and I held my cheek in a gentle grasp as I looked up to see Harry standing before me with a look of slight shock on his face as well. It was like he did not expect to hit me, like it wasn't something he had planned in that moment. But just as quick as the look came onto his face, it was swiped away and replaced with anger once again.

"Now I don't have many rules for you to follow, Darian," he paused and glared at me with such intensity that I though he would burn a hole through my face. "But the biggest and most important one that you must follow, is to never raise your voice at me, and to listen to what I tell you." He finished and moved almost impossibly closer. So close that I could feel his hot breath hitting my face as he looked down on me. "Got it?" He hissed and grabbed my jaw, forcing my face to look up at him.

"Yes." I whisper under my breath so lightly that I'm not even sure he heard me.

"Good, because if you do or say what you just did to me again, you'll be receiving a lot more than just a flimsy smack to the face." He bites before letting my chin go out of his hold ad pushing me away from him.

"Can I.. Do you think that I.. Could I talk to my brother?" I stuttered. His gaze penetrated through my face, causing me to shake uncontrollably.

"No. Do you think I'm fucking stupid?" He chuckled while venom laced in his voice. He was still angry, but somehow he managed to get in a wicked laugh just to taunt me.

"I never said that.. It's just that I would like to speak to him once more, even if it's just over the phone for a minute. I just- I need to say some things to him and say goodbye." I pleaded to him. I needed to hear Alex's voice at least one last time.

"I can't trust you to keep this to yourself. I know that the first chance you get you will yell out who took you and give him as many clue as you can to be found. I cannot allow you to do that." He shook his head firmly.

"Please! I'm begging you! I don't ask you for much, and I certainly don't plead at your feet for anything other than my life... Please, I promise I will not do anything stupid. I swear on it." Tears stared to leak from my eyes once again and I brought my wrist up to wipe them off. My face was hot a sticky and I hated the feeling, especially after just getting clean.

"Fine! I will let you call him one time, but, you do not mention anything about me or what has happened. You do not show him any signs of weakness at all and if he questions you about the scene the house was left in, you deny him all truth. Do you understand?"

"Yes! Yes, I understand. Thank you so much, Harry." I smiled. I was about to reach in for a hug, but then I remembered who he really was and realized how stupid I would be to do so.

"Yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes and reached his hand into his back pocket, pulling out his cellphone. "Hear, dial the number and keep it on speaker. If he doesn't answer, oh well, it's not my fault, not my problem. You don't get to try again, this is your one and only chance." He explained before handing me the phone after unlocking it.

I took it with glee and smiled like a Cheshire Cat before hitting the dial pad and pressing the call button. It rang four times, agonizingly slow rings that felt so far apart, I was losing all hope of him answering. Then, when I was about to hang up and slump the ground in defeat, I heard his voice.

"Hello?" It was low and groggy. He sounded utterly drenched in horrid emotions and I know he was being consumed by guilt. His voice was so tired and sickly it made my heart fall in my chest.

"Alex." I muttered, barley above a whisper. Maybe calling him wasn't such a good idea after all. Talking to him and knowing that it will very likely be the last time but not being able to do anything about it will make saying goodbye even harder. And I know now that hearing me again will cause him even more pain. Especially since I am not able to give him any information.

"Darien!" This time his voice was much louder, a sense of relief and confusion washing through his words. "Darien, where are you?! What happened?!" He rushed.

"Alex, I can't tell you either of those things." I sighed and looked at Harry who was listening to the emigre conversation. "Listen, I can't tell you anything, but-but I'm safe.. For now. Don't worry about me." I lied right through my teeth, but I couldn't bear tell him the truth and cause him even more grief.

"Just tell me where you are and I'll come get you!" He raised his voice.

"Alex, listen to me!" I had to get him to stop rambling , he needed to hear what I had to say. "I'm alright, okay? It kills me to say this, but I won't be able to talk to you again and I can't guarantee we will see each other again either.. At least not for awhile." I lowered my voice, sadness washing over me once again.

"What do you mean? Why can't you just tell me what's going on and I'll help you!"

"I can't, and even if I did you couldn't help me." I shook my head, even though he could not see me. "All you need to know is that I'm alive and I'm okay right now. I just called to say goodbye." Tears flowed down my face like a waterfall for the millionth time in the last hour.

"You can't just say goodbye to me!" The tone in his voice was a dead give away that he was crying as well.

"But I have to, I don't have a choice. I love you, Alex. You are the best brother anyone could ask for and I want to thank you for being there for me my whole life. I miss you so much, you don't even know. Tell Nicole that I love and miss her, too." I sniffed.

"I won't need to because you can when you get home. Safe and sound very soon. I'll fine you, Darien, I will." He was always so stubborn, but this time he needed to give it up. "You can't just leave me all alone. You're the only person I have."

"No. You have Ariel now. You love her, and I know that she loves you to. I have to go now, Alex. I miss you and I love you, so much." I whined when Harry gestured for me to hang up now.

"I love you, Darien. Stay safe, okay?"

"Goodbye." I said before I hung up. I could not agree to staying safe because I knew that I was far from it.

Surprisingly, Harry didn't take the phone from my hand when he reached out. Instead, he pulled me into him and held me tightly to his chest as he wound his hands through my hair and nuzzled his face into my neck. He was whispering incoherent things in my ear and shushing me from my cries. I had no words to utter to him at all, and my thoughts were all jumbled with confusion. I stayed still in his arms, completely frozen and unaware of Harry's intentions.