5

''channie,'' hyunjin said when the phone got picked up. ''i'm sorry.''

''it's okay,'' chan immediately shot down, obvious he was walking from the noises around him. ''i understand, i-i lead you on.''

hyunjin sighed. ''can we please just,, ignore it?'' he requested, feeling his heart sink when he once again reminded himself that they'd never be together.

''are you sure?'' the older wondered, the sound through the phone crackling for a moment when he moved something. ''we probably should talk about it.''

''we really don't,'' hyunjin said through clenched teeth, watching the door open and jisung come through with his stupid bright smile. ''we don't.''

jisung greeted him with a small wave, hyunjin rolling his eyes and looking away.

''okay,'' chan said, doubtful. ''i can't come over later today, i'm sorry.''

hyunjin tilted his head slightly despite him not being able to see anyways. ''what are you gonna do instead?''

''nothing important,'' he said, code for 'i don't want to tell because it embarrasses me' as he sighed into the phone. ''i love you, yeah?''

the boy looked down, playing with the edge of his jeans for a moment. ''i love you too.''

''i gotta go,'' chan said. ''don't be too hard on yourself, okay? you're beautiful.''

with a sigh, he pulled the device away, tapping the red button with a scowl and throwing it away.

jisung rummaged through his bag for a moment, shuffling toward him and giving him a can of fanta and a bag of some type of soft candy.

''you wanna do homework with me?'' the younger suggested, two tables always sitting ready at the desk.

''no,'' hyunjin denied, taking a moment of hesitation and swallowing down his pride. ''thank you.''

the boy got way too happy at the formality, a bright smile on his face and even giving him a small bow as he went back to sit at the desk, opening a book and his laptop and immediately starting to type away.

hyunjin watched him for a while, not noticing that he was staring as the fanta and the candy usually laid on top of his bed.

with a sigh, he hoisted himself from the bed, taking the food, one of his assignments and his laptop and then making his way over to sit next to jisung.

''still don't like you,'' hyunjin swore as he put the things down and pulled back the chair to sit, opening his laptop. ''just need to do some homework.''

moments later he sat with his hands in his hair, acting like everything was going fine as he felt like he was about to cry, somehow understanding none of the characters on his paper.

''do you want help?'' jisung offered after watching him struggle, he himself already done and scrolling through his twitter feed. ''it seems like a difficult assignment.''

seeing as he would start crying if he spoke, he just slid the paper over, chugging down another sip of the fanta and looking up to dry his tears.

''oh, i understand,'' jisung said in a soft voice, doing his best to not make it seem like he thought he was better than him. ''they want you to write an essay on a certain tribe in english.''

hyunjin hummed, trying to take the paper back but jisung holding on to it tightly.

''it's due in a few hours, hyunnie,'' he informed. ''do you want my help on it?''

even if hyunjin was pretty good at english, he still felt insecure with his use of it, happy to get help when jisung seemed so confident.

they did it together, jisung telling him when his grammar was slightly off with that same gentle voice and calling him a good boy when he did it right all by himself.

hyunjin kept dipping dangerously close to the edge of submission, holding on tight to the thin strings he still held, so sensitive by his lack of getting off.

and then jisung patted his head when he submitted the essay, making him gasp lightly and quickly grab another candy to distract himself.

jisung kept petting him for a little while, happy that he finally let himself be touched. ''do you have more assignments, pup?''

the older almost whined at the pet name, nodding a little and raising from his chair to go get the other pages.

''do you wanna do them with me?'' he asked, hyunjin nodded because he didn't really feel like talking when he felt so off. ''alright, let me get some more soda for us while you read them, okay?''

hyunjin nodded again, jisung leaving the room so that he immediately grabbed his phone before realising chan was busy, panicking.

-

oooh is hyunnie gonna be puppy or not let's see