9

jisung entered quietly, not knowing what hyunjin was doing and placing a can of fanta on his nightstand.

''hyunnie?'' he asked, placing a tentative hand on his shaking shoulder. ''do you want to talk about it, hm?''

''no,'' hyunjin said, betraying how hard he was trying to hide his cry when the tears had mixed into his voice. ''please.''

''alright, puppy,'' jisung cooed, the older's heart surging at the validation. ''we don't have to talk, please just drink some fanta, okay?''

simply because of the title hyunjin had the urge to listen to him, nodding as he forced himself away from the pillow and took the can jisung handed him with a soft smile.

the older fumbled with the tag to open the can and whimpered sadly when it didn't work, jisung shushing him as he did it for him with his own hand clasped over his.

hyunjin took a small sip from it, staring ahead as he kept repeating his own words. joongie, i'll wait.

it still made him feel stupid, hating that he ever fell for it and more tears freely rolling down his skin.

''did your thing go wrong?'' jisung asked softly, putting a careful hand on his thigh and squeezing lightly.

nodding, hyunjin let his eyes drift to the younger's hand.

''and now you're a bit sensitive, hm?'' he asked, the older just nodding again and feeling terrible that he let himself slip again. ''want me to take care of you, make sure you're all safe and warm?''

''please?'' hyunjin requested, so so shy and embarrassed with his behaviour. ''i'm sorry for demanding attention.''

''drink some more for me, darling,'' jisung suggested, tapping against his finger lightly. ''or would you just like some water?''

hyunjin shook his head, taking another small sip from the can. ''s good like this, thank you.''

''can i ask you a question, precious?'' he asked, watching him take sip after sip to try and drink, to try and be a good boy.

''yeah?'' hyunjin wondered, tilting his head a little and trying to hand the can to jisung.

the younger took it from him, placing it on the nightstand and then putting both of his hands on hyunjin's knees.

''do you-'' jisung started, rephrasing before he said it. ''are you in a headspace right now?''

hyunjin froze, looking panicked when he hadn't realised in his hazed mind that he was being painfully obvious all along.

''it's okay if you are, pup,'' he shushed. ''i just wanna know so i can make sure i treat you well.''

''m-'' hyunjin hesitated, searching for phones and realising jisung's hand left his on his bed. ''m puppy.''

jisung cooed at him, putting a hand in his hair and scratching his scalp softly. ''that's adorable, sweets.''

the older furrowed his eyebrows slightly, figuring that the younger must be playing a joke on him and tearing up.

''don't joke like that,'' he mumbled, upset and oversensitive. ''it's not funny.''

''i wasn't joking,'' jisung disregarded, continuing to pet him. ''i think you're really cute like this!''

hyunjin giggled softly, leaning into the touch and content to be touched so nicely, barking so softly the younger didn't even notice. (or just didn't mention it)

''just to check,'' the boy started. ''is this your sexual or non-sexual pup space? i won't judge you for either.''

''non,'' hyunjin dismissed, really not even wanting to think about anything slightly sex-connected. ''jus' need to be pup for a bit.''

''alright,'' jisung smiled, taking his hand out of his hair so that the older blinked his eyes open. ''tell me, do you need anything?''

hyunjin shook his head, already feeling like he was asking for too much while jisung wasn't bothered by it at all.

''really?'' he teased softly. ''there's nothing you want? anything at all?''

''w-want-'' hyunjin hesitated, voice growing more quiet by the second. ''want cuddles, please.''

''oh?'' jisung asked in the same gentle voice. ''pup wants to be protected for a little?''

the older let out some strangled noise. ''wanna cuddle, b-but don't wanna be touched.''

jisung hummed, stopping his light touches on his face and sitting back on the carpet, opening his eyes. ''you can come cuddle when you feel ready.''

hyunjin nodded, quickly starting to miss the touches and clambering off the bed, moving to silently try to fit in his lap.

when it didn't work out, he whimpered in distress, still trying to sit on jisung.

''puppy,'' jisung shushed, holding his waist gently. ''you fit so well, hm? all cozy on my lap.''

and when the he said it, hyunjin couldn't help but agree, relaxing into him and feeling happy with it.

the younger sighed, circling his waist with his arms and tickling his tummy lightly. ''a tiny pup.''

-

oh god puppy hyunjin is breaking me he's adorable