Chapter 3

A/n hey y'all! I'm going to try to update this pretty regularly, so I'm back with chapter 3! I love reading y'alls comments so please feel free to share anything you have to say about the story (questions, comments, or anything at all) I would love to know what you think.

The bell rang loudly and the students around Tyler started packing up. He smiled, finally well rested after sleeping through the rest of English. He barely made it through math and history without falling asleep again, the lectures were just that boring. He was definitely ready for lunch.

Tyler walked through the halls, looking around for Josh, wondering where he should go for lunch. Eventually he found Josh shuffling through his locker.

"Hey Josh! How was math?" Asked Tyler, received only a sigh from him as he continued to look through his locker.

"What are you looking for?" He asked casually
"My varsity jacket, I think I left it at a uh... friend's house" Josh replied, pausing a little and shooting Tyler a worried glance.

Tyler didn't have time to say anything before Maddie popped up out of nowhere and hurried Josh along, telling him she wanted to get a spot in the sun. Tyler was curious about what she meant but followed the two, only half listening to their discussion.

He was expecting Josh and Maddie to eat in the cafeteria but he was surprised when they sat down on the grass in the courtyard. They seemed to notice his confusion and Maddie explained "We don't have a cafeteria, usually we just sit out here unless it rains, then we eat in our home rooms" He was a little confused but spread his lunch out anyway,sitting cross legged on the ground with his new friends.

Just then a whole group of new boys came jogging over. There were about 5 of them and they varied in height from a blond omega who looked to be about 5 4" to a tall alpha that matched Tyler at 6 feet.

The boys sat down next to them, high fiving Josh and Maddie and looking at Tyler with varying degrees of confusion.

"Sooooo, this is Tyler" said the omega raising his eyebrows, "I'm Skyler, nice to meet you" Tyler was a little suspicious of the omega's tone but Josh was quick to speak up.

"Okay Tyler this is the rest of varsity basketball, we have Skyler, Avery, Travis, Conner, and Jaylin" he said, pointing to each one as he said their names. Tyler nodded and the team promptly started an argument about who could shoot the best three pointers.

Tyler wasn't really listening, he was looking around the courtyard. Kids were running around with footballs, gossiping and yelling at each other in the shade of the trees. It all seemed very serene, despite the loud arguing and the kids tackling each other for the footballs.

Eventually Tyler found what he was looking for. Ivory was sitting under a tree, he seemed to be focused on a sketch pad as he scribbled away. Tyler noticed the boy had no lunch, and no one sitting around him and immediately felt guilty.

He turned to Maddie, who also seemed uninterested in the team's conversation, "Hey, this is kinda off topic but do you know anything about that kid?" He asked, pointed to Ivory under the tree.

"Oh yah, that's Ivory, I feel kinda bad for him but there isn't really anything we can do. One time in 8th grade he was gone for like a week and when he came back he had completely changed." Tyler was obviously confused and asked "changed? What do you mean?"

"I don't know, he was just different, there's this one group of alphas, the ones sitting over there by the lockers" she pointed to 4 guys sitting with their backs to lockers before continuing "they like to pick on omegas. Most of their targets, like Skyler for example fight back but he just didn't. We tried to help out but it just made things worse for him so we gave up. Why do you ask?" She finished, smirking at him from behind her Capri sun straw.

Tyler went bright red "Um no reason just curious" but she clearly didn't believe him "Oh. My. God. You haven't even been here for a day and you already have a crush?!?!" She turned before he could say anything and tapped Josh on the shoulder until he turned to her "Dude Tyler has a crush you will never guess who it is!"

Josh rolled his eyes at her "Just tell me" without hesitation she practically yelled "It's Ivory, like the Ivory!"

Now she had the whole team's attention Skyler piped up from the corner, "Shit man you got to be careful, Xavier will beat the shit out of you if he finds out you like him" "Yah yah he'll be careful and whatever," said Maddie looking excited "let's just get him over here this is so much fun!" She squealed. Skyler looked worried, glancing at Josh for barely a second, receiving a comforting smile back.

The others were too busy looking for Ivory to catch the moment but Tyler saw it. He made a mental note to ask Josh exactly which "friends" house he had left his jacket at.

All of a sudden Maddie yelled "Ivory get over here" still giggling and smiling. Ivory jumped when he heard his name. Looking around with wide scared eyes. He relaxed a little when he saw it was only Maddie calling him but still looked reluctant to come over.

"Oh come on Ivory just once?" Yelled Maddie again and the boy finally got up, making his way over on slightly shaky legs. He approached the group, keeping his eyes on his toes as usual. It was at this point that Tyler realized she was probably going to tell him about the crush.

Tyler was going to say something but was cut off by Maddie "Oh my god Ivory you will never guess what Tyler has-" as soon as he heard Tyler's name Ivory froze "w-what?" He said, finally looking up from the grass.

He saw Tyler and his eyes grew wider, "I have to um, I have t-to go." He took a few steps backward, still blinking his blue eyes at Tyler. He muttered a quick sorry before turning and walking away.

Maddie shrugged, and turned back to her sandwich, "Oh well, maybe tomorrow" Tyler however, watched him go, not back to his seat but back down a hallway. He saw Xavier and his friends watching the omega cross the grass, their eyes following him down the corridor. They stood up and silently followed him.

Tyler made a move to follow them, not wanting the omega to be hurt again. He felt a small hand on his arm and looked down at Skyler "There isn't anything you can do, you'll just make it worse"

Tyler shook his head. He wanted to help but he didn't know how to. Instead he looked down the hallway they had gone into, deciding that after lunch he would go check on Ivory. Just to make sure there was nothing he could do.

A/n I hope you liked chapter 3, see you next time!"