Chapter 10

A/N kisses from the author 🥰

Ivory's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I was on my mattress again. The first thing I noticed was the excruciating pain shooting up my back and down my legs. Thankfully, I couldn't smell either my dad, or the alpha from last night, they must have left already. I moved to stand up, and shuddered at the pain. As slowly and gently as I could, I got dressed and pulled my backpack over my shoulder. If my stepdad had already left, that meant I would definitely be late for school.

Walking downstairs into the kitchen, the clock above the table told me I had missed first period and should be on my way to second. Without wasting anymore time, I made it out the front door, and started the walk to school.

As I walked, I couldn't help but let my thoughts wander back to Tyler. There was something about him, something right. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, but he felt safe, like I somehow fit perfectly into his arms. This was dangerous though, I had never once known an alpha that treated me gently, I knew they were rough and heartless. But, somehow he seemed different.

Tyler's POV

Waiting patiently by Ivory's locker, Tyler was determined to see him today. He had been carefully considering the events of the last few days, and had decided that he needed to do something, anything, to help the poor omega, who was clearly struggling in some way.

The halls were clearing out for first period, and Tyler was almost ready to give up, when the boy finally appeared. Immediately, it was clear that something was wrong. Ivory's steps looked strained and painful, and he looked exhausted, overwhelmed, and scared. As the omega came closer, eyes still fixed worriedly on the ground, Tyler noticed something that made him straighten up. Ivory reeked of alpha.

The omega looked up at Tyler when his shoes came into view, and started at the sight of the alpha looking at him so steadily. Shaking his head and taking a few steps back, Ivory nearly whispered, "p-please not today, I-I just can't." Tyler didn't let him go this time, and instead replied, "Why? Why don't you want me to be around you?"

Ivory kept his eyes fixed on the ground, "I can't t-talk about it h-here." Tyler sighed, "Follow me then, I'm not going to give up this time." He turned, and Ivory followed him, as if pulled by an invisible string. When they reached the end of the hallway, Tyler opened the door to a deserted classroom, and shut it again after him as they entered.

Turning to face Ivory, Tyler took a deep breath and began, "Look, I know something is up. You're clearly hurt, and you're scared of anything that moves, plus, I can barely smell you. I know about the pills you take and I want to know why, you must know they're dangerous. I want to know who is hurting you, I want to know why you don't want to be around me."

Ivory shrunk away from Tyler as he talked, visibly trembling and trying to hide his face in his sweater paws. When Tyler didn't break the silence, he finally answered in a tiny, trembling voice, "I...I take the pills because everything will be s-so much worse if I-if I don't. And, and I can't be around you because-because I'll get in t-trouble."

Tyler's brow furrowed, Ivory's answer seemed to give him more questions than it answered. He was about to reply when the class bell rang shrilly through the halls. Almost immediately, the doors to either side of the hall banged open, and students filed out of their home rooms for first period. A stream of kids entered their classroom, and before he could catch him, Ivory was lost in the crowd.

~

As Tyler drove home from school that afternoon he silently cursed himself. He hadn't managed to see Ivory again at school, and then couldn't wait in the parking lot because of basketball practice. He pulled his red mustang into his driveway and turned it off, resting his head on the steering wheel. He had to do something, he just didn't know what yet.