Chapter 4

A/N hello and welcome back! Yes, I know its been like a million years and I'm sorry about that, I was dealing with a lot of issues. Luckily all is well now, hope you enjoy!

Tyler walked down the empty hallway. He looked into each classroom he passed, hoping to find Ivory in one of them. Each of the students got one free period each day, most of them spent their time studying or messing around in the courtyard. Tyler on the other hand, had other plans. He was lucky to have his free period right after lunch today and was looking for Ivory, as he had decided.

So far he hadn't found anyone, as most other kids would be in class. It seemed a little unnatural to be in the hallways alone during class. The fluorescent lights were off, as the sunlight streaming through the windows was plenty. Tyler could just barely hear the voices of the teachers in their classrooms.

Eventually he came to a corner in the hall. He was unfamiliar with this part of the school as it was only his first day so he paused, considering what to do. As he stood in the light from a window he heard something, it sounded like distant laughter.

Tyler barely had a second to register the sound before a door at the end of the hall burst open. Xavier and his friends exiting, laughing and slamming the door behind them, "little slut, he was practically begging for it" said Xavier to the alpha next to him who laughed and nodded.

The boys still hadn't noticed Tyler, who stood in the light, breathing heavily. As they turned and walked down the hallway they caught sight of him. Xavier smirked and picked up his pace, his friends following diligently behind.

"Well if it isn't Tyler Dunwood, we got ourselves a celebrity sighting boys!" He said, his friends chuckling. "What the hell did you do" seethed Tyler, balling up his fists. Xavier noticed "wow now new kid, you want to watch what you're doing we wouldn't want anything bad to happen on your first day"

"I'm gonna ask you again, what the hell did you do to him"

"Oh, is someone jealous? It's alright Dunwood I'm sure the little slut would be happy to have a second alpha"

At this, Tyler snapped, his fist connecting with Xavier's jaw. The group behind him appeared shocked, but made no move to help. "Alright Dunwood, if that's how you want to play I'll see you around. But you better tell that omega to watch out, you wouldn't want someone to mess up that pretty face"

The two alphas stood in the light from the window silently sizing each other up. Tyler could smell him. Almost gagging at the sickly citrus scent hovering in the air. They stood there for a second, before Xavier turned, proceeding down the hall with his friends.

Tyler watched them go, the second they disappeared around the corner he turned and ran. When he got to the door they had just exited he saw it was a bathroom. Without hesitating he pushed the door open and hurried inside.

At first he didn't even see Ivory. He stood in the middle of the bathroom and looked around, confused. He was about to call out Ivory's name when he heard it. The sound of quite crying and soft whimpers could be heard in the silence.

He followed the sound and saw Ivory. He was sitting on the floor in the corner with his knees pulled up under his chin. His shoulders were shaking as he cried, his head resting on his knees, arms wrapped around his legs.

Tyler took a few steps forward towards the omega. Ivory looked at him for the first time since he had entered the bathroom, to busy crying to have noticed him. He shook his head, scooting back, away from Tyler.

"N-no Tyler you c-can't be h-here, please I'll, I'll get in trouble"

He squatted down in front of the boy, trying not to scare him, "hey hey hey it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you, you're not in trouble. Come on, let me help you"

Ivory breathed heavily staring back at Tyler with wide eyes. Tyler saw that Xavier had beaten him up again. There was a bruise forming on his cheekbone and a cut on his forehead to join the one on his lip.

"Come on, I can take you to the nurse" he offered, trying to reason with him. "N-no you c-can't she hates m-me" Ivory stuttered looking away. "What? Why?" A pink blush spread across his cheeks and he shook his head, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

Tyler had to think of something, he couldn't just leave him here, "Alright fine then I'll take you home."

Ivory's eyes widened again. He shook his head, shrinking back into the corner, "p-please don't, don't make m-me g-go" " it's okay, I'm not going to make you do anything you don't want to, but I can't just leave. You obviously need help." Said Tyler, sighing.

"N-no it's okay you c-can g-go, I'll be okay" he said sadly, playing with his sleeve. "No," said Tyler stubbornly, "you can... you can come over to my house for awhile before you go back home... only if you want to of course"

Ivory froze, slowly raising his eyes again. For the first time since they had met that morning the two made eye contact. Tyler stared into his big blue eyes. He saw how scared Ivory was, all the fear and pain behind the beautiful blue.

"Come on, let me help you, you'll be okay. I'm not going to hurt you." He said gently, "We can go now, I have a free period so it won't matter" he stood up, waiting for Ivory to follow him but the boy didn't move.

"What's wrong? You can't stay here, you'll be fine with me I swear I won't do anything." Ivory let out a shaky breath, "I-I can't" Tyler was about to protest when he saw the omega move, stretching his leg out.

It was Tyler's turn to widen his eyes. Ivory's ankle was twisted at a strange angle, almost like the guys that twisted their ankles in basketball games. Unfortunately, Tyler was no paramedic, he had no idea what to do. Then he got an idea.

"Listen Ivory, my dad was a coach for a while, he had to get first aid training. I bet he'll be able to do something. But you have to let me help you, I'm not going to do anything you don't want."

Ivory seemed surprised, but looked back at Tyler again anyway, "Um o-okay I-I guess" a blush spread across his cheeks as he started playing with his sleeve again.

At this moment Tyler realized the problem. He took a deep breath, deciding this was the best thing to do. He took a step forward and bent down. "Okay listen, this is the only way to do this, remember I'm not going to hurt you."

Ivory nodded, and closed his eyes, bracing himself. Tyler leaned forward and, as gently as he could, lifted Ivory off the floor.

He was surprised at how light the omega was. Easily carrying him bridal style he noticed how close they where. He could see the bruises and cuts much closer now. Tyler felt anger towards the assholes that had done this to him, as well as guilt for not being able to stop them.

He could smell the light scent of honey and cream. This surprised him as most omegas he met smelt sickly sweet, but this was nice and subtle. Tyler realized he had been staring, a pink blush still lingered on Ivory's cheeks as he shook himself out of it.

"We should uh, get going before the class ends" he said, a little embarrassed. Ivory nodded and Tyler proceeded to the door. He kicked it open with his foot and looked up and down the hall. He saw it was empty and continued took a few steps down it.

"I-if you g-go out the door at the e-end of the h-hallway we won't have to g-go through the courtyard." He muttered. Tyler was surprised to hear him speak, but thankful, he hadn't even thought about the courtyard.

As Tyler got closer to the door he was extremely aware of Ivory fidgeting in his arms, trying to get comfortable. His breath hitched in his throat as he felt Ivory cuddle closer to him. Tiny sweater paws grabbing onto his his shirt. Tyler took a breath, this was going to be an interesting afternoon.

A/N If you like this chapter please vote and comment. I would love any suggestions/feedback from you guys. See yall next time!