Chapter 11

A/N enjoy my loves

Ivory

Tyler is letting me stay, I can't believe this is actually happening. Here I am, on a bed, in a room with an alpha, and I feel safer than I have in years. There's something about his voice, his scent, the way he holds me. A few hours ago, back at home, dad's friend had come around again. One of them, the tall blonde with the gingery scent, cornered me on my mattress. My last corner of the world was no longer safe, I had nowhere to go.

Somehow, I managed to get out of the house. Dad and his guests passed out drunk, so I had an opportunity to sneak away. From the parking lot, I called the only person I thought might care about me. I must have blacked out, because the next thing I can remember, I was here, in the alpha's bed, scared out of my mind. I know lots of alphas, and all of them are terrible, what's to say Tyler won't turn on me too. Now though, I'm not so sure that will happen.

Tyler gently let me go, and stood up from the bed. At his absence, I crumpled down into the sheets, breathing in his comforting scent as he rummaged through a drawer. As he left for what I assumed must be the bathroom, I took a moment to once again marvel at his bedroom. All I have in the world, or had I suppose, was my mattress and my little corner, but Tyler gets a whole room, and a bathroom, and all of these things! If only I had been an alpha, maybe I would have this luxury as well.

Tyler returned, now wearing sweatpants and a white t shirt, and smiled softly at me. "Please, make yourself at home. If you want pajamas all of my clothes are over there, and if you need anything I'll be right downstairs." What? He's leaving me here, alone, in the dark, on a bed? "No! P-please, don't-don't leave me here alone." He took a step towards me and I flinched, hiding my face in the blanket below me. I had spoken out of turn, asked for something, I am not allowed to break the rules.

No hit landed though. Instead, I felt gentle hands on my back, rubbing circles into the sore muscles. I shivered, and his hands stopped. I wish he had kept going, but instead, I stood up. Going over to the chest of drawers, I found another t shirt, and turned nervously back to Tyler, "Is... is this al-alright?" "Yes, of course, anything you'd like." He said eagerly, almost excited to let me have something of his.

I entered his bathroom and took off the ragged old clothes I was wearing for the second time this week. I didn't have much to wear, but I was grateful for being allowed any clothes at all. Looking in the mirror, I saw the scars and wounds that littered my body, turning to see the angry stripes I still had on my back. On my hip, the letters PD were burned into the flesh, my stepdad's initials forever marking me as his.

Shivering at my own reflection, I pulled Tyler's shirt over my head, and felt it drop almost to my knees. As I stood alone in the bathroom, staring at my reflection, it suddenly occurred to me that without my hoodie and jeans, Tyler would see all of my injuries. I sunk to the floor, curling myself into a tiny anxious ball as I tried not to panic. What would he think if he saw? If he knew what I was, a whore, a dirty slut?

Footsteps approached the bathroom door, Tyler must have smelled my distress. "Ivory, are you okay? What's going on in there?" I was silent for a moment and he continued, "Please, just tell me what's wrong, maybe I can help." I knew better than to give in to his request, but something was still telling me this alpha was safe. "I...I'm afraid." He didn't reply at first, evidently confused by the short statement.

"Of what? What are you afraid of...I won't hurt you if that's it, I promise I won't." My words were muffled as I dropped my head into my hands, "I'm afraid for you t-to s-see me." Again, another pause before he answered, "Ivory listen, I'm not going to judge or make assumptions or anything. I want you to feel safe here, feel safe with me."