Chapter 9

A/N welcome back my loves! This chapter is pretty heavy, proceed with caution <3

As soon as Tyler had signed his final admission papers in the office, he rushed back to the spot where he had left Ivory. As he had half expected, the boy was gone, and there wasn't any sign of him in the courtyard or surrounding hallways.

Tyler sighed, and was about to walk away when he noticed the omega's locker was open. As he made to close it, Tyler noticed something that made his eyes widen. There were two boxes inside, ones he recognized from ads and commercials warning against them. Scent blockers and suppressants. This was why he could hardly smell Ivory. Tyler grabbed the packages, fully aware of how dangerous these pills were if taken for extended periods of time.

Contemplating what to do, Tyler stood by Ivory's locker, trying to decide if it was worth letting the boy damage his health. Finally making up his mind, he shoved the boxes back in the locker and closed it firmly. Praying that he had made the right choice, Tyler started off for first period, hoping to see the omega again later that day.

The day seemed to crawl by at a snail's pace. Everywhere he went, Tyler kept a lookout for Ivory, but didn't see him again the whole day. That afternoon, he sat in his car until the parking lot emptied, looking for any sign of the omega as he went home. When he saw nothing, Tyler shrugged, he must have just gone home early, hopefully he will be doing better tomorrow.

~

Ivory's POV

I have to find some way to keep Tyler away from me. Last night when I finally got home, I was already in trouble for being late. It didn't take my stepdad long to smell the alpha on me, and he was not happy. Last night was terrible, I couldn't have that happen again, I had to stay away from him.

As I walked into school, I instantly felt the curious looks of strangers looking at my new bruise. I almost smiled to myself, if only they could see the rest of me. As I approached my locker, I tried to calm down, to ease the anxiety I felt about the day, and having to go home after it. I stood trembling at my locker, pretending to look for something in it as everyone around me made off for first period.

When the hallway was cleared, I turned my back to the lockers, sliding down them to slump on the floor. I curled into myself, wishing more than anything that I could just disappear. That, unfortunately, did not happen. Instead, I heard a voice that made me shiver. I could smell the sandalwood and wished I could just fall away into it. I remembered the feeling of melting into his arms, feeling safe for the first time since I could remember.

He was speaking to me now, and I looked up at him. I knew what I had to do, and it took everything in me to actually say, "Please T-Tyler, just leave-leave me alone." Why does he have to make this so hard? Standing there looking like an angel, smelling like heaven, telling me he wanted to help. No. There is no way he can help me. I know my job, I know what I am good for, I am where I belong.

Suddenly he was being called away, thank god. I zoned out as he said something else, my mind wandering back to the previous night, the pain in my legs and back. By the time I was back in the present, the alpha had gone, and I was, thankfully, alone again.

The rest of the day was spent avoiding Tyler. I checked around every corner I took, and into every door I passed. There was no way I was going to let him try to help me again, it wasn't worth the punishment. Nothing was. Finally the end bell rang, and I hurried out of class. Seeing the alpha heading towards the front of school, I slipped out the back, making my way down the sidewalk and back home.

The moment I stepped across the threshold, I knew something was off. As I shut the door behind me, the smell of alpha overpowered me. My step dad's awful tea tree musk mixed with the various smells of his friends, I shivered as their scents brought memories back. Now I could tell what was off, dad wasn't home, it was a miracle.

Seizing the opportunity, I dropped my backpack by the door and hurried to the kitchen. I grabbed whatever was in the fridge and scarfed it down before checking the clock over the kitchen table. 4:00 and he still wasn't home? Unusual to say the least. I retrieved my things from the door, trudging slowly up the stairs and down the hall to my mattress. Here, in the upstairs foyer, I had my tiny corner of the world. My mattress was old and worn, but it had never been touched by an alpha, and that was something.

Setting my bag down next to the mattress, I curled up onto my little square of the house, hugging my knees to my chest and rocking gently to try and soothe my racing thoughts. Why was dad not here? If he was out with friends... I would not be having a good night. I lay there, so coring how I could possibly keep surviving this, when I heard the door unlock downstairs.

As I had predicted, I heard the sound of someone else talking to my stepdad, and the alpha's smell, wafting up the stairs, was enough to send a shiver down my spine. I knew this man, his rough hands, his suffocating piney smell, the way he made me scream and beg. For a moment, the idea of running away, somehow getting out of the house, occurred to me, but I knew it wasn't worth it, I would be punished terribly for something like that.

The alpha and my step dad stayed downstairs for a while. I heard the tv turn on and beers being opened in the living room, at least he was occupied with something other than me. I layed there, perfectly silent, hoping they might get drunk enough to pass out downstairs, and I would be spared.

My wish, however, was not to be fulfilled. The sun had long set by now, and I had lost all concept of time as I lay on my mattress, trying not to cry. Downstairs, I heard the alphas voice, "Alright, I think it's about that time. I can smell the little slut from down here!" Dad grunted, probably too focused on the football game playing on tv to even notice.

The alphas' footsteps approached the stairs. With quiet, quick steps, I hurried to the room at the end of the hall, no way would I let him touch me on my mattress. This was a room I knew all too well. Dark walls and a big, scary bed. Climbing onto it, I turned to face the door, bracing myself for what was about to happen.

As soon as the alpha opened the door, I was hit with his scent. As he approached the bed, memories of what he had done to me spilled back. I knew it would get me in trouble, but I just couldn't help it. Scrambling backwards, I made myself as small as I could, getting as far away from him as possible as a whimper escaped my trembling lips.

He smirked at me, an evil glint shimmering in his eyes. "Now now you little whore, don't make me come and get you." He didn't have to tell me twice. I gave up, there was no point in fighting, it only made things worse. As I felt his hands on me, I was far, far away. Tyler was with me, he was holding me tight, keeping me safe, telling me it would be over soon...