"No," I said almost immediately. "We were lying together in the same bed. Words were said, and before I knew it, we kissed. A lot. And maybe did something more. Then instead of the flashes being at the beginning of the dream, it was after. It was like watching a movie, where we went from having breakfast, to cuddling, to discovering a hickey, to covering it, and whatever."

"And when did you have these dreams?"

With hesitation, I continued, "Both of the times Aiden and I slept over at each other's houses, even before I started catching feelings." I look at my hands and hid them in my sweatshirt sleeves. I did that whenever I was nervous. "Both times I woke up to his face. Both times it was difficult to feel comfortable around him just after seeing him in a different way than what he's like now. So now I'm just keeping my distance and maybe all the crap will end."

"I don't think that'll be the best idea, Vincent. That'll make everything worse. You like him, you have to get over it by getting used to being just his friend. Or rip it off like a bandaid and tell him sometime soon, which I'm not forcing you to do. Staying away from someone you don't want to stay away from hurts like hell," Andrew told me. He gave me a smile that was more curious than joyous. "How much do you really like him?"

"So much, dude. It's painful. Maybe I'm not Serena-Carter-level crazy for him, but I'd do anything for that idiot."

"Then why are you always in a pissy mood around him?"

"Ever since the first day of school he's been acting so 'overly-friendly' to me. We're not even together but everything is so much better with him than it is with Tessa. He held my hand when I felt scared to go to that party, he nonstop gives me the best hugs, and there's already been a time so long ago when we almost kissed. There was no force to it; it just kinda happened, until we stopped ourselves from getting caught," I explained. This moment-telling Andrew everything-almost didn't feel real. Some parts of me felt guilty. Nonetheless, I went on. "Then even after the actual kiss, he told me it was just a dare and meant nothing to him. I got a different impression before, considering the way the kiss went. Then next thing you know, I wake up to him aimlessly playing with my hair. I don't even know if it's worth liking him if everything he does is so back and forth. Or if he's gonna keep doing one thing and saying another."

"In short, he's a hypocrite that's playing with your feelings?"

"I wouldn't call it that if he doesn't know that I actually really like him."

"But he's leading you on, and you can't really deny that."

"Right, exactly. It's pissing me off. But I don't even think he knows that himself."

"Maybe if I talk to him-"

"No, I don't want him to find out. Not yet."

"Guys!"

Both of us spun around to see Aiden and Lily running over to us. It's almost a miracle they didn't overhear our conversation.

"You guys fighting?" Aiden asked us.

I shrugged while Andrew let out a quiet and awkward, "No."

Just like I hope it would, they let it past them, but that didn't stop the insane look that Aiden and Lily shared. Maybe they thought we were crazy. Maybe they're right.