Chapter 18

ONE WEEK BEFORE THE DATE OF BIRTH

" GOD, IT HURTS," I say as I wake up on the couch. I remember Niall and the boys weren't going to be here for a couple of days and I guess I had fallen asleep on the couch after I said goodbye to him last night. 

" Hey Vanessa, you hungry?" Jillian says as she walks into the kitchen.

" Yeah, could you give me my pills first?" I ask Jillian and she nods. She walks over to me with a glass of water and puts a pill in my hand. I quickly swallowed the pill and drank all the water. I look down into the glass, I was wondering about what Niall was doing right now.

" I know you want him to be here, but he'll be back soon before the baby is born," Jillian says and sits next to me on the couch. 

" Yeah," I mutter and I look up from the glass I was holding. What if the baby came earlier and Niall wasn't here? A tear starts to roll down my cheek.

" Vanessa, why don't you just skype him?" Jillian asks me and hands me my laptop. 

" No, I don''t want to bother him," I say and place the laptop on the coffee table. I was all of a sudden moody but I decide not to talk to anyone to not make matters worse. I walk into a room that I had never really been into. It seemed like a den but I don't exactly know what to call it. I sit down in a soft cushioned chair and look through some magazines. All of a sudden I see me, Good thing I wasn't pregnant in that picture though. I start to read the article about me and Niall and I scream when I see the word pregnant in a paragraph. 

" Is it possible that Vanessa is pregnant? I mean look at that little bump!" A read out loud and Jillian runs into the room. I show Jillian the magazine and she rolls her eyes.

" It says could it be, and this magazine is dated to like seven months ago," Jillian says and shows me  the date it was printed.

" Okay... your right," I say to Jillian and wipe the sweat of my forehead.

" Come on, I have all the twilight movies recorded, come join me," Jillian says and we both walk back  to the living room. She grabs the remote and plays the movie.

" I'm gonna get some yogurt, you want some?" I ask her as I get up.

" Yeah, thanks," Jillian says without looking away from the TV. I walk over to the fridge but I get a painful kick from inside and I grab the fridge door so I wouldn't fall onto the ground.

" JILLIAN IT'S TIME!" I yell and Jillian runs over to me and helps me over to the door. I was early and I didn't know what I was going to do. Jillian helps me into her car and she quickly gets in. She starts the car and drives quickly to the hospital. Jillian parks the car in front of the hospital and helps me out of the car. She half carries me half walks me into the hospital. 

" MY FRIEND IS ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH!" Jillian yells and a nurse comes running over with a gurney. I was in so much pain. I wanted to get this baby out of my stomach! Jillian is aloud to come in with me so she helps push the gurney into a room. A doctor runs into the room and gives me shots and antibiotics and tells me to breathe. 

" Okay, all you have to do now is push," The doctor says. I had no idea what that meant! I really wish Niall was here. 

JILLIAN'S POV

She looked like she was in a whole lot of pain. 

" Just push!" I say to Vanessa and make sure that I'm standing at the front of the bed not the end of it. I love Vanessa but I really don't want to see that. All of a sudden I hear a baby cry. Vanessa was crying tears of joy, I think, and the nurse wraps the baby girl in a blanket. The nurse carefully hands the baby to Vanessa and she rests the baby on her chest as she whispers things to the baby.

BACK TO VANESSA

" You are so adorable!" I whisper and cradle the my baby in my arms. 

" Jillian call Niall!" but just as I tell Jillian, Niall comes running through the door. 

" What did I... Alexandra!" Niall says in a quiet voice and runs over to us. 

" Isn't she adorable?" I ask Niall and he nods. She barely opens her eyes but I could tell they were blue like her father's. 

" Can I hold her?" Niall asks and I nod. I carefully give Niall Alexandra and he smiles at her. He sings her a song and I think she heard him. She opened her eyes and I could tell she was already going to be attached to her father. 

" Is she here yet?" I hear Liam say as the rest of the boys tip toe into the room. I motion for them to come over to see the baby and they gave an aww and smiled at her.

" What's her name?" Zayn asks as Jillian walks over to him.

" Her name is Alexandra Megan Horan," Niall whispers and the nurse had to take the baby and i couldn't understand what she was saying but i think it had to do with naming the baby and getting her cleaned up. Niall had to fill out some papers and I made sure he spelled the name right. The nurse came back with Alexandra but she was placed in some sort of hospital crib. On one end of the crib it said Alexandra's full name, age, time of birth, and parents. Niall walked back into the room and walked over to see the baby. She had a little hat on her head that was a light pink and she was wrapped in a blanket. The boys were sitting in chairs playing thumb war and were checking their phones. 

" You guys can go," I say to the boys and they run out when I finished my sentence. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Niall who was still looking down at Alexandra. 

" Vanessa?" Niall asks

" What?" I ask

" I love you and Alexandra," Niall says and smiles. I loved him and this baby too. I couldn't believe that me and Niall have started a family, actually I can because I love the Irish one