Part 42

Wow, it's been a while...
-keep smiling-

" He's gone, he's gone," Harry said to me as he came into the room. I looked up through tear filled eyes, bringing my knees closer to my chest for comfort. He sits on the edge of the bed, reaching one hand forward towards my arm but I jerk away.

" I thought it was time that you heard from him, so I asked him to come by-"

" What the hell makes you think it's your decision to make?" I interrupt him, pain etching over every inch of my voice. He looks at me with those big green eyes, his body slowly distancing itself from mine. He doesn't say anything, and I almost feel guilty for yelling.

" You're twenty-four, you have a five-year-old daughter- You can't wait for life to be ready for you to move on, or you can make things better yourself." He said back, and with that he took off. He didn't look back once, and a little part of me hoped that door would open back up and he'd slug in, that he would be patient with me. But Harry was gone, and I still sat far into the corner of the bed and stared out at the view from my window.

I wanted to sob, and I wanted to throw things across the room, and break them. And I realized how easy it was to break something, and how useless the pieces are when they're broken.
Suddenly the phone rang across the room, the noise filling the empty void.

" Hello?" I whispered.

" Open the door please," Harry's voice was one of the most recognizable. I smiled, tossing the phone aside and tugged open the door. There he stood, tall and lanky, and all he is.

" I'm here for you."

" I know." I smiled up at him.

" I don't know how he messed up when he had you as a view." He said, leaning against the doorframe. I could feel my cheeks heating up, and fingers traced over the seam of my sweatpants nervously.

" He had greater views to see?" I joked, but it still was too soon. My lip quivered as I scratched the back of my head.

" How? When you're the best of them all." And for the first time in months a rush of excitement ran through me. That feeling of being cherished and not taken for granted.

" Harry, sto-" I was cut off by the act of his lips being pressed against mine. I grabbed onto his collar, and wanted to push him away but every bone in my body resisted. The feeling of being wanted was so unfamiliar to me and I was suddenly plunged into the mess that only pulled me in deeper and deeper.