Chapter 7

" Vanessa? Wake up, love," I heard Niall say as he gave me a little shake. I slowly opened my eyes and turned to Niall's face. He was shirtless which made me say something quite embarrassing,

" Holy shit, Niall! Warn me next time!" I yell and sit up.

" Well, I thought you were use to it," Niall said smiling at me

" Not first thing in the morning!" I squeal and lay my head against Liam's shoulder which was shirtless too. 

" Go put some shirts on!" I say and smile at the boys. Jillian was still sleeping, so I took advantage of it and grabbed some non-toxic markers. The boys had put some shirts on and they saw me about to draw on Jillian's face but Zayn stopped me.

" Wait, do to me!" Zayn said. I didn't mind so I drew away. The boys joined me and we all laughed at everything Louis drew. We finally stopped and Zayn had looked at himself in the mirror. He let out a scream and ran into the bathroom. Jillian woke up at the sound of Zayn's scream.

" Vanessa, get me food!" Jillian whined

" Louis get us food!" I whined to Louis

" Harry, get all of us food!" Louis said mocking me.

" Fine, children go watch Dora or something while Hazza makes breakfast," Harry said as he turned the T.V. on. I watched Haunted Highway, I've never seen this show but it seems pretty good.

" What are you watching?" Liam asked sitting next to me

" Haunted Highway, join me!" I say concentrating on the TV. 

" NIALL!!!!!!" I yell.

" WHAT? ARE YOU OKAY?" Niall asked running over to me checking my legs and arms.

" Yeah, can you come sit here with me. I'm kind of scared," I stutter. I wasn't good with scary things so I really did want two tough guys sitting next to me.

" Okay," Niall said laughing. He sat down and put his arm around me. Liam sat closer to me when I motioned for him to sit closer. A really scary moment was shown on the screen and I screamed pretty loud. I hugged Liam and Niall and they both laughed. I punched them both on the arm. Harry was finally done cooking breakfast so we all ran to the counter and grabbed pancakes, bacon, and eggs. I chocked down everything and everyone was staring at me.

" What?" I manage to say

" Nothing," Niall said looking down at his plate. I choke down the food and wipe my mouth of any crumbs.

" Everyone done?" I asked

" Yeah," The boys said at all at the same time. Jillian was staring into her phone.

" What?" I ask 

" Danny's in jail," Jillian mumbled. I winced at the sound of his name.

" WHAT?" I ask. I couldn't believe what Jillian had just said.

" Danny who?" Liam asked

" Vanessa's ex-boyfriend," Niall mumbled

" Yeah ex, I don't really care about him though he's such an ass. He had the nerve to come to my house and push me... never mind," I say quickly. I didn't want Niall to do anything harsh. I know he would do anything to keep me safe and I like that about him, but Danny is strong and taller than Niall. Niall's pretty tall and strong but Danny is huge! 

" Vanessa?" Niall asked

" Okay, look. Danny came over to my house and he said that he didn't want to break up with me yet because I didn't have sex with him. No big deal!" I say in a reassuring voice.