Chapter Nine: Voldemort Has Moves

Start from the beginning

My friends were staring at me weirdly, but I ignored them; this was not my first time talking my friends and me out of trouble. "Mr. Zabini, Ms.Lovegood, Mr. Killick, Ms. Ollivander and myself were too busy trying to dodge the spell that had erupted from Ms.Diggory's spell. Thankfully none of us were hurt, and I do believe that the extremely foolish  argument." I glare at Pan and Abby, making them cringe. "Has come to a conclusion." I tell Headmaster Dippet.

"So it would make no sense to punish one or the other. We were all involved, and hence we all need to take responsibility for our actions." I say. I hear my friends start to disagree, but Dippet stops them.

"The lot of you... Silence!" He booms, and we all fall quiet. "Thank you, Ms.Dumbledore. I do believe you are right. No harm has come to anyone, and no one was drastically hurt; hence I will turn a blind eye this time. Ms. Diggory, please be more careful next time and Ms.Lovegood no one likes a smartarse." He quips, making us all gape at him. Slughorn looked flabbergasted.

"You are all dismissed." Dippet continues, not looking up from the papers in his hands.

We all leave before he could change his mind.

"Val, that was amazing!" Chris breathes and wraps his arms around me in a bear hug.

"None of us got in trouble!" Abby looked shocked.

"Yep. Not my first time talking myself out of trouble." I wink at them, and they all looked so relieved.

"Thank you, Val," Pan tells me, cheeks still pink from the insult Dippet had thrown her way.

"No problem." I grin at them. Then we all walk silently back to the Great Hall before stopping.

"Do we really want to go back in there?" Claude asks us. As one, we all shake our heads drastically.

"Nope!" Abby shrieks, going a bright red. Her expression has me bursting out in a fit of laughter, making Greta giggle beside me. Pan and Chris then join in laughing and then Claude and Abby as well.

I would always love Neville, Luna, Harry, Ettie, Adele, Ginny, Cedric, the twins and Percy, but for now.... I felt like I'd be okay with these five by my side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abby and I skip up to our dorm room when I suddenly remember grandmama. "Oh! Abby! I just remembered! I need to speak to my cousin about something!" I tell her, lying quickly, and her expression softens into one of kindness.

"Yeah, of course. I'll just see you later? And we can work on Charms?" She asks, looking unsure. I nod with kind eyes.

"Of course." I beam. She exhales in relief.

"Thanks, Val.... for today. You saved my arse." She admits, and I grab her hand.

"What are friends for." I muse, making her grin.

"So... we're friends?" She asks, and I nod.

"Of course! Would I be hanging out with you if it were otherwise?" I say, making her nod.

"Valid point." She grins.

"I'll see you later then!" I wave and spin on my heel only to ram headfirst into a hard chest. I stumble back almost falling on my arse, but someone grabs my wrist hauling me upright.

"Ow!" I demand, rubbing my nose only to look up and see Tom Riddle staring down at me. His eyes were hard, and his stance rigid in annoyance.

"Watch where you step." He sneers at me, making my eyes turn to irritated slits.