Chapter Six: The Yellow Dorms

Start from the beginning

Meeting Lucky had made me miss Dobby.

I find the second barrel from the bottom, middle of the second row and tapped on it to the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff.' The doors swing open, and I smile in awe as I step through the tunnel entryway.

It was such a cozy and welcoming place that I felt myself falling in love. The common room was enormous and had earthy decor all around. It was a round room with low ceilings.

There were substantially round windows that I found myself walking towards amazed. I saw a field of snow that extended for miles. Plants hung and rested all around the room. The couches and chairs were burnished with copper touchings and plush, cozy yellow and black patterns.

This was such a difference from the Slytherin room I came to fall in love with in the future.
I amble through the common room, just taking in the view around me. It was late in the night, and there were no students in here except me.

I sit on the couch, my eyes roaming everywhere I could. I take out my backpack and open it, finding the compass staring at me. I pick it up and run my fingers over the outside of it. I open it up, expecting to see two arrowheads staring up at me instead, I see my great grandmama's face.... Helga Hufflepuff.

I stare at her in confusion and see the image move. She was laughing, her whole lighting up in what was utter delight. Her eyes filled with love and I smile missing her.

I'd have to pay her portrait a visit tomorrow.

My grandmama was a round, plump woman with stunning red hair and blue eyes that I had inherited from her.

She points than at me and I watch as she makes a heart with her hands. I tilt my head to the side in confusion. She usually did that when she saw me or when I was leaving after one of my visits. I close the compass, deep in thought.

Taking off my necklace, I adjust the compass so that it hung off the long gold chain I usually wore. The chain had been my mum's, and I never took it off.

I tuck the necklace into my robes, and then I go back to my bag. I look through it frantically for a second and then curse — the goblet. My grandmama's goblet was still in a case under my bed in the Slytherin dorms. I curse inwardly and try to even my panicked breathing.

"Oh my god." I groan. She'd entrusted me to the goblet, and I'd left it in the future. "Great! Now, I need to find where it is in this timeline." I scowl to myself and get up, making my way to the girl dorms.

I open the doors to find most of the girls still awake. They all whirl around to stare at me in confusion.

"Who are you?" A girl who looked a couple of years older than me asks. Her eyes were a kind hazel, and her matching golden hair was in two braids that framed the sides of her face.

"I'm Valentine Dumbledore," I say, and her eyes light up.

"What? I thought you were in Slytherin." She asks, and I grin.

"Oh, no. Those were my friend's robes I'd borrowed to get into the school. The Sorting hat sorted me into Hufflepuff." I explain, and she gives a little shriek of glee.

"Yay!! Finally!! Hufflepuff has a legend!" She squeals and I blink in surprise. Legend? But Dumbledore hadn't defeated Grindelwald yet. He must've been much more powerful than I'd thought.

"I'm Liana Bones. Prefect." She beams, and I smile in realization.

"Nice to meet you!" I say, and she looks at the faces staring at us.

"Everyone!! Valentine Dumbledore... Hufflepuff!" She exclaims, making them burst into a round of applause. My heart warms when I realize they were trying to have me live the experience that all first-years got on their first day in Hogwarts.