Chapter 15

A knock sounded at my door. Figuring it was Edaline again, I rolled my eyes. "Who is it?"
     "It's me, Foster. Let me in!"
     At first I laughed to myself. Same old Keefe! But then I got angry. How dare he act so normal, so Keefy after everything we went through?! "Then go back to your fancy car and drive off to that fancy house."
     "But I spent so much time driving to this fancy house. Please?"
     I sighed, and got up from my desk. He was too irresistible to stay mad at for long. "Fine. Come in."
     He opened the door, and there he was. Keefe. Adorable. Perfect. I reminded myself that I was mad at him.
     He walked in - with style, this is Keefe - and plopped down on my bed. "So, Foster. I know you can't live without me, and as much as it pains me to admit it, I can't live without you." He sighed. "There, I said it. I can't stay mad at you, Foster."
     "A lot needs to happen before we get back together."
     "For one, we never broke up," he reminded me. I glared. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! You didn't here number two yet!"
     "What is it, Keefe?"
     "I'm really sorry for being an idiot. I mean, I'm always an idiot. It's one of my best qualities. But maybe I was a big idiot, so I'm really sorry about that."
     "You tease everyone, all the time. Of course I get more of it, being your girlfriend. But you just can't go that far. You know I don't like being rich. Why would you ever say that?"
     "At the time, I thought it was funny. But you're right. It wasn't funny. I'm sorry."
     I felt my lips curl into a smile. "You make it really hard to hate you. You know that, right?"
     "Yes, I do know that."
     "Oh my gosh, Keefe."
     "Oh my gosh, what? My hair is extra shiny today? Yeah, I know."
     I laughed, immediately remembering the dance night. What had she said that night? "Keefe, you're impossible."
     "I try to be." That was my cue to kiss him. So I did, forgetting that I had been hesitant about letting him into my room. Of course he could come in. Especially if he was going to kiss me.
We broke apart, letting our noses touch like the day of the dance. "I knew I could get you to kiss me by the end of this," Keefe informed me. "I just wondered if you'd follow the script."
     "How could I not?"
     "True, considering you probably saw another kiss coming."
     "You are such a dinohead!"
     "...Uh, Foster? What's a dinohead?"
     "You."
     "I knew I was special!"
     "Keefe..."
     "Haha. Kiss me again, Foster." And so I did. And he pulled me in and stroked my hair. I knew that this was definitely an even better kiss than the first.

Ahh, there we go, cupcakes! I did it, I brought them together! (Mostly because I couldn't stand all the Sophitz)

Y'all happy with it? How'd I do?

~Kit-Kat