Chapter 8: No Point Denying It

I got tired of Wattpad's warped grammar. Not only was it driving me nuts, but it was making my chapters too long. That ends now. Enjoy!

     What was my name again?
     "Everyone open their eyes!" someone - Biana - shouted. "Uh... that includes you Sophie."
     Sophie. "Oh. Okay. Didn't realize the dare was over." I opened my eyes and tried to be convincing for Keefe, but Biana didn't buy it.
     "Ooh! He picked you, didn't he?" Biana said, eyes widening.
     "Nuh-uh," I lied. "He probably picked you and you're trying to hide it."
     "I fully expected him to," Biana harrumphed indignantly. "Except, he didn't. So come on, girls - who was it?"
     "The whole point of the closing-eyes thing was people wouldn't know!" Keefe pointed out.      Biana slumped. Keefe grinned. "Truth or dare, Linh?"
     "Truth," Linh answered quickly.
     "Why are you always staring at Dex in the lunchroom?" Keefe put his hands on his hips triumphantly. Biana opened her mouth, once again indignant.
     "Um, excuse me, Linh, but in case you haven't noticed, I get the boys I want!"
     Linh shrugged. "Because he's cute. He's not my crush, though." Her pale cheeks were blushing too hard for her cool tone to mask, though.
     "Well, that was a truth, so it's true." Keefe shrugged.
     Linh looked at Marella. "Truth or dare?"
     "Dare," Marella said eagerly. I resisted rolling my eyes. That was Marella for you.
     "Uh..." Linh looked like a deer in the headlights, because she wasn't good at making dares. "Uh. Uhhhh..."
     "Need help?" Keefe stage-whispered to her.
     "No, I've got it. Marella, I dare you to actually iron your clothes tomorrow."
     Marella looked offended. "That wasn't a dare, it was an insult!"
     "Yeah, and now my point's made. Now pick someone."
     "Lame. Fitz, truth or dare?"
     "Aw, great. I managed to stay safe till now."
     "So... what'll it be?"
     "Uh..." he looked at Keefe, who was prompting him to do dare. "Truth." Keefe slumped.
     "Okay," Marella said. "Do you, like, have a crush on Sophie? Because I saw that."
     Saw what? Cute boys don't like me! Then again, Keefe had kissed me, not Biana, so maybe some cute boys. Still... two in one day would be too lucky.
     "Uh... Why is everyone doing crush stuff?" His cheeks were red as tomatoes. "I was quite interested to know that the Ruewens' adopted and their child was attending the school, okay?"
     "You just avoided the question."
     "Uh... uh..." I had never seen or imagined Fitz like this. "Well, she's pretty, okay? It's not like I like her or anything. I just think she's pretty. That's it. Like, how Linh stares at Dex."
     "Don't make this about me!"
     So... Fitz thought I was pretty.
     WHAT?
     "Keefe," Fitz said, "truth or dare?"
     "D- " he paused. "Actually, you're probably fully expecting that and have something ready, so truth."
     Fitz grinned. "Knew it! So I have a good one ready. Which girl did you kiss?"
     HOW DID KEEFE NOT LOSE HIS COOL? He simply said, "That's a nasty one," and playfully shoved Fitz. "If you must know, it was - as Biana guessed and Foster denied - Foster. Are you guys all happy now?"
     Biana was giddy. "Yes, yes, of course! I finally know - thanks, brother!" Then her face fell. "Oh. You like Sophie."
     "No," Linh proclaimed, "no point in denying it anymore, Sophie. You are totally into Keefe. So now that you know he's into you..."
     "You two so have to date," Marella finished.
     "Well, she's already technically said yes to a date with me. You know, the dance?"
     Okay, really no point in denying it anymore:
     I was falling in love with a cheating, pranking trickster.