Chapter 6: Who's That Boy

"He's Cassius and Gisela Sencen's son," Edaline explained. "They are crazy famous. Keefe, your little boyfriend - by the way, we approve - has been in multiple Hollywood movies." That's when it clicked - Keefe was the other famous boy! And Tam was winning his bet with Linh! I mean, because, I'm closer with him than with Fitz, you know, not that I'm falling for him! At all!

"We do not approve," Grady interrupted. "Keefe is known for cheating on his girlfriends."

"This time, he told me it was this girl named Harley who he was just friends with, but since he's so flirty she thought they were dating, and when he got a real girlfriend she thought he was cheating," I explained, defending my date to the dance. Not that it was a date.

Edaline smiled. "See? He's not some rich spoiled movie star like everyone says. Actually, he might be a rich spoiled movie star, but... he's not a cheater."

"And he's not m boyfriend," I quickly added. Edaline and Grady sighed - Edaline in disappointment and Grady in relief.

"I was hoping he'd at least ask you out," Edaline said wistfully.

"He did ask me to the dance, but -"

"Then he's your boyfriend!" Edaline insisted.

"Do not date Keefe Sencen!" Grady added.

"You guys are impossible."

~~~~~

"Keefe's taking Sophie."

It spread around the school like a wildfire, and wasn't sure what else they were saying - just that Keefe was taking me to the dance.

Naturally. He's the other famous boy.

I caught up to Linh, Marella and Tam. "Hey," I said.

"You didn't take my advice," Linh deadpanned.

"Well, apparently he never thought he was dating Harley anyway, so he's not a cheater."

"And he's taking her as his date - so I win! Pay up." Tam held out his hand to Linh, and she reluctantly slapped ten dollars into his hand.

"I really didn't expect you to get either movie star to notice you," Linh admitted. "That's why I went nuts when he turned around and talked to you."

"And now he's you boyfriend!" Marella added, jealously and excitedly."

"No he's -"

"Hey." It was Keefe, loosely approaching us again. "Tam, you have a twin sister. How did I not know that?"

Tam shrugged. "Didn't realize you didn't know her. I thought you had a crush on her." Linh elbowed Tam, but her eyes lit up.

"Well, I honestly had no idea she existed," Keefe admitted. Linh deflated. "So, Sophie, where do you want to meet to ditch science?"

"How about the science room?" I suggested.

"Nah. He might catch us! Let's meet by the bathrooms on the first floor. See ya!" He walked off to class.

Linh shoved me playfully. "You have landed the greatest boyfriend."

~~~~~

"So," Keefe said, munching on popcorn. "How's your second day of ditching?"

"Way more fun than class, I'll admit."