Chapter 17

"Dex, can you please tell these idiots that things like Harry Potter, Marvel movies and comics, and Star Wars aren't nerdy?" Sophie pleaded. She was getting attacked from all sides in this friend group, and Dex seemed like her last hope.

Dex looked surprised. "They're not! I love that stuff!"

Dex was her savior! "Thank you!"

"How is Harry Potter nerdy? It's only one of the greatest fantasy stories of all time!" Dex said incredulously.

"That's what I said! And like all the cool Latin spells -"

"And then Hermione ruling Hogwarts with her superiority -"

"And the subtle plot of the Chosen One, which he doesn't notice could possibly be about himself forever -"

"And watching the characters grow into strong leaders -"

"And the plot idea of a villain having already been defeated before the first book -"

"You guys really aren't helping your cause," Biana said with a raised eyebrow. "I'm more convinced it's a nerd movie now more than ever, and you're just nerds."

Sophie and Dex were equally offended, shouting, "It's book series!"

"Really? I thought it was a movie." Biana shrugged.

"How can you just shrug that stuff off?" Sophie was offended enough that Keefe laughed and decided to be a good boyfriend.

"Guys, chill. Foster and Dizzneeland here can geek out about whatever they want without being nerds." Keefe put his arm around Sophie's shoulder. "She's got me sold on Star Wars, and I can say I've seen the Avengers and think it's pretty cool."

"I have no clue what any of this stuff it," Maruca said honestly, twirling one of her braids around her finger.

"I've heard of it," Biana admitted.

Sophie sighed. "Your loss. Dex and I can have all the fun without you." Then she turned to Keefe. "What class is this right now?"

"We're about to go to geometry."

Sophie groaned. "I already know all this stuff!"

"Well then," Keefe said, grabbing her hand and leading her down the hallway, "perhaps you could be my teacher." She giggled as the rest of the group watched them as they made their way towards the student lounge. She heard Maruca mutter something incredulous, probably about how she managed to land this good of a boyfriend.

This was, after all, Keefe Sencen.

~

"That's not how these are meant to be - uuuuused! Keefe! Stoooooop --"

"Then what are they for?" Keefe said while she had many of the perfectly fine candies fall on her head.

"Keefe they're skittles, they're for eating - stop it! You're making a mess!"

"Who's gonna care?" Keefe shrugged flippantly and continued dumped packages of skittles on her head. She snatched the bag and held him looking her in the eye seriously , barely restraining him.

"Keefe, Grady's going to care, and he's going to say you're a bad influence! You'll never be allowed at my house again! Our relationship will be entirely reduced to ditching geometry -"

"Which is super cool, because you are so much more fun to learn math from and also probably know more than the teacher herself -" but then what she said sunk in. "Oh. Oops. I would very much like to be able to come over to your house."

"Exactly." Sophie gave Keefe a look. "Now clean up this mess."

In the end - because his puppy eyes were so irresistable it wasn't even fair - they both cleaned it up. However, later, when Grady noticed skittles in her hair, his mind immediately went to Keefe. Unfortunately, his guess was correct.

"That boy is a terrible influ-"

"Grady. Please. He is not the flu." Okay. Maybe Keefe was rubbing off on her, connecting the words "influence" and "influenza" and being unable to contain her snark - but she loved him! Surely Grady could understand that?

"Honey, leave our daughter alone. She just wants to have a fun high school experience." Edaline winked at her, and Sophie forced herself to smile gratefully instead of groan. That was not any better.

Notes:

Skittles

Go in hair

Not mouths

At least according to Keefe

Anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter! If it was physically painful to read him wasting all those skittles, I agree, it was painful to write. Hope you enjoy!