Chapter 16

Hello everybody!

I've been gone for a veeerry long time. Actually I forgot I had a Wattpad. Now I usually post on AO3.

But for those of you who prefer WattPad, I will continue this story - with a few changes.

1. No more first person. This is the last chapter in 1st person, and it was a nightmare to write. I very much dislike first person (I'm a lot older and more experienced now and I gotta say, writing in first person is my least favorite perspective now.)

2. No more chapter titles. I have also lost my affinity for chapter titles.

3. The quality will likely be a bit better now, because I'm actually in high school. So maybe they'll stop acting like middle schoolers. Lol.

I hope that these things don't ruin the story for you guys!

Grady had to walk in right then, right?

Basically, this is what had happened: Keefe and I were sharing a bag of popcorn and watching Revenge of the Sith on our TV (because as soon as I'd heard he'd never seen Star Wars, I'd sat him down and informed him that it was not a nerd movie, but a wonderful piece of art), cuddled up against each other on top of the bed, which the TV was in front of.

Perfectly innocent. A boyfriend and a girlfriend, watching a movie and eating popcorn.

Keefe was just... Keefe, so while I was distracted getting all emotional over the I-pledge-myself-to-your-teachings scene, he dumped the popcorn in my hair (which he was going to regret, if for no other reason than he could no longer eat it).

"Keefe!" I shoved him off my bed immediately, reaching for the remote to pause the movie, knowing I'd succeeded when the ominous undertone of Vader's Theme in the background music suddenly halted. However, Keefe took that chance to try to reach up and grab my hand, yanking me down off the bed. "Keefe, stop it!"

When I landed on top of him instead of my itchy carpet, however, he smirked. "Pretty good landing, huh?"

Before I could roll my eyes and crawl off of him to clean up the mess, Grady decided it was time to check on us. The door opened, and it was just then that I realized with the popcorn in my hair and on the ground, and then I was on top of Keefe...

Wait, Grady was going to think we were making out or something and get all over-protective-

"What, exactly, is happening here?"

I immediately hopped off of Keefe and stood up as he dusted himself off and did the same. "Keefe decided it was a good idea to -"

"I thought you were watching Star Wars in here." He crossed his arms.

"We were!"

"Then why, when I just happened to walk in, where you all on the ground and making out?"

There it was. "Grady, we weren't. Keefe just dumped popcorn in my hair and -"

"Honey?" More footsteps came up the stairs, and Edaline walked in. "Oh my. What's the mess?"

"I happened to find our daughter in a bit of a situation with That Boy there -"

"He yanked me off the bed after I pushed him off!" Then my words registered in my brain. "I mean no it's not like -"

"Honey," Edaline chided Grady, "give our daughter some privacy. She's fifteen."

That wasn't much better.

What I really wanted was to convince Edaline and Grady that we hadn't been making out on my floor like they seemed to think. But at this point, I was just glad that they had left the room.

I sighed and gave Keefe a pointed look as he stood up and raised an eyebrow. "You still have much to learn about what not to do when Grady's around, my young Padawan," I chided. "For example: Yank me on top of you. That can look bad."

"That's actually not that bad..." Keefe scrunched his eyebrows.

"Listen Keefe. If Grady saw you give me a slight kiss on the cheek he'd yank you around a corner and give you a firm talking to about making sure you have my permission for any and all moves you make on me."

"So if he caught us really kissing..."

"Yes Keefe. That's it."

Keefe rolled his eyes. "He sounds overprotective."

"He is. Now come on! You're ruining the suspense and emotion of the pivotal scene of the whole freakin' Star Wars franchise!"

"Okay, okay!" Keefe left the mess of popcorn on the ground to join his girlfriend in watching the rest of Revenge of the Sith.

~

"Oof, that sounds bad," Biana said with a giggle. "Honestly, my parents would probably be pretty chill if they caught me making out with my boyfriend. Who is Dex, by the way. And is never going to get the guts to kiss me so I'm probably going to have to do it."

"Lucky you," I mumbled. "He freaked out. We were literally just watching a movie and ended up on the ground!"

"What movie was it?"

"Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith." At Biana's blank look, I groaned. "You've never seen Star Wars either?"

"Nope. It's a nerd movie."

"No it's not!"