The kissing quest

Začít od začátku

"Father!" I was only ten years old, a little girl with sparkling eyes. One of the maids told me that it's time, my mom is giving birth to my sibling! I started to wonder. Do I want a sister or perhaps a brother? Does that even matter? I've never been a girly girl, but having a sister would be nice, I guess. I could protect her from any harm, and I would be her hero! Or if my sibling is a boy, I'd teach him all I know, and we could go hunting together when we're older like our father does! "I want to see mom and the baby!" I said, jumping excitedly. My father came closer to me, his steps slow and steady. He's looking at me. He has never been a warm-hearted person, but something in his gaze seemed colder than usual. He's supposed to be happy, why isn't he smiling. "Dad? What's wrong, dad? Do I have a brother or a sister?"

My father groaned, his eyes filled with anger. "You have nothing, child! Your mother is dead, so is your brother!"

Tears began to flow down my cheeks. I couldn't believe him; I didn't want to! My beloved mother...she can't be gone! "Dad, why are you lying? It's not nice to lie! Please, tell me it's not true! I-...Ahh!" Skin meeting skin, I cried out in pain as I felt his palm slap across my already rosy cheek. More tears began to flow, but I was scared of him and instead of letting out my emotions, I tried to stop sobbing.

"Enough!" He yelled, losing his temper. I hate it when he's yelling at me; it always hurts so much! "Now you have a damn good reason to cry!" He began to leave, but before he could open the door of my room, he stopped. "Wipe your eyes, kid. Emotions make you seem weak. Do you want to disappoint me?" I didn't know what to say; I was still in shock. My body was trembling, begging me to scream and let my emotions flow. "I asked you something!"

"N-no," I answered stuttering. And with a shut of the door, he left me alone.

A few days later, I was in a carriage, on my way to...I don't even know. I wasn't aware of what's happening or where we are going; no one told me - not even uncle Zander. For the first time in my life, mom wasn't there to help me. Even though I was surrounded by people to protect me, I was scared, and I felt like I was alone. I just wanted my mother back. Is that so much to ask for?

"Cass?" The memory began to fade, and the crown princess blinked a few times, trying to focus on reality and her surroundings. She looked around, and she was no longer in her childhood room. The sight of Anna beside her calmed her rapidly beating heart. "Are you okay? I've never seen anyone zone out like that."

"I'm fine." She bit her lip. "I just had a vision again, that's all. Happens sometimes." She shrugged, but Anna could see that she definitely wasn't as okay as she claimed. "Letting of the past is hard if it still haunts you."

"I can't even imagine." They both smiled weakly at each other. As a part of royal families and having a similar past, both girls began to grow some sympathy towards one another as their relationship grows. Maybe they are something like friends now. "So...where were you going?"

"Ahh, I don't know." She shrugged. "What do you think? Where shall I go?"

A mischievous smile formed from Anna's lips. She'll complete the kissing quest if I make sure she's spending more time with my sister. Good thing she told me about today's plans. "Library. Elsa's there, but you didn't hear it from me."

Standing up from her seat, Cass let out a hearty chuckle, her tears no longer coming. "That's all I needed to know. See you on the ship, Anna." With a quick wave, she made her way towards the library.

"Make sure you kiss her!" Anna shouted after the warrior, even though she might've not heard it.

-