//Short Temper\\ [SU Spinel]

Title: Short temper
Type: Fluff
Character: Spinel
From: Steven Universe
Pairing: Spinel X Small! Reader

*EDITED*

~~~

I stared up at the tub labelled "art supplies." A clear tub that was filled with my pencil cases and brushes with all my paint and markers that I usually kept on a high shelf, the same shelf I used for all my art supplies. I squinted at them, I normally had them up on the shelf, so that wasn't what was bothering me. What did bother me was somehow the ladders that I used to get them down now rested on the shelf above it, that normally had my canvases on, said canvases were now laying on the floor, where my ladders usually resided.

I sighed while I attempted to reach the shelf, getting into my tippy toes, I even tried jumping, only to miss completely. I grunted and crossed my arms, looking up at the shelf. Determined to not give up I tried one more time, as I stretched up and also managed to grasp the edge, just as I grabbed onto the side, laughter rung throughout the room. Startled I let go and turned to see Spinel laughing at me, I glared at her. "Don't laugh."

She just wheezed and bent over laughing, "sorry, doll. It's just-" she couldn't even finish her sentence before dissolving into more laughter. I grumbled at her and sauntered over looking at her with obvious displeasure. She gripped my shoulder while still bent over and stifling her laughter into her gloved hand, the hoodie that she wore fell over her head. I pushed her hand off my shoulder and glared up at her as she finally straightened into an upright position. She pushed her hood back down and grinned down at me while whipping the tears that gathered in her eyes away.

My glare intensified, Spinel had the decency to at least try and cover her amusement by giving me a sympathetic smile. "Why did you move my ladders onto such a high place?" I asked, mild irritation in my voice as I questioned her.

Spinel looked away while waving me off, "I didn't do it." She pointed a finger at me with a teasing sympathetic face. "I'm hurt that you think I'd do that to you, Sweetheart." She chuckled at the end and quickly shut her mouth as to stop the laughter breaking through.

"Then why are you laughing so hard?" I pouted at her as Spinel finally got a grip of her laughter.

"Because whoever did is a genius." She managed out between bursts of giggles. Huffing I crossed my arms and gave her a pointed look, at this, she raised her hands in surrender. "If it's that much of an issue for you, doll I can just get it down for you." With that, she stretched her arm up and grabbed my art supplies and handed them to me with a bittersweet smile.

I gave her a simple thanks and went over to my desk and began to set up everything so I could begin doing my art commissions, unfortunately for me, Spinel decides that she's not done teasing me. As I got into my work and stopped paying attention to my surroundings Spinel surprised me by Slipping her arms around me while leaning her head over the chair, I decided to ignore her, still mad about her mocking my height and feeling less then pleased.

"No need to be grumpy." Spinel teased me while absentmindedly twirling my hair around her finger. Huffing in annoyance I proceeded to ignore her, she decides to continue in her teasing in response, "Though I suppose you can't help it, you know what they say after all," I look over my shoulder to look at her curiously, she gave me a smug grin and by the time I realized that she was probably going to mock my height again she had already finished saying what she was going to say. "Small people have less space to store their anger."

I screech and swivel my chair around and lunging at Spinel and tackling her to the ground, "I'm not short! You just so happen to be taller than me!" I yelled while hitting her shoulder, not too hard but enough to show her I was upset. "I'm sick and tired of that stupid joke! Yes! I'm small, OK?! Is that what you wanted to hear sooo badly??" I question her with tears in my eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't cry, Doll, I'm sorry I didn't know this meant that much to you." Spinel at up with her elbows resting behind her. I slid from being balanced on her abdomen to in her lap. She cupped my face and gently wiped away the tears that began to slide down my cheeks. "I'm sorry sweets, I really didn't mean to upset you." Spinel whispered in a hushed tone.

"It's fine." I avoided her eyes, "I just have a bad experience with being called short." I whispered, not in the mood to talk about it.

"It's not fine if I upset you this much." Spinel must've been able to tell that I didn't want to talk about it which is probably the reason why she hasn't asked if I wanted to. "Tell you what, you clean up in here and I'll go get some snacks and movies that we can watch. We can have a movie night tonight!" Spinel beamed at me and she stood, lifting me up with her.

"But-"

"No buts! I'll be waiting downstairs for you." Spinel kissed me on the forehead tenderly before taking long strides to the door. She looked over her shoulder one last time to wink at me before she sauntered off.

I sighed and packed away my things, after putting everything in its rightful place I place the art supplies back where they belong and moved to tidy up my desk. Once that was all sorted I snuck downstairs only to find Spinel humming to herself while she put bowls or popcorn and other snacks out, as well as loading the couch with the softest blankets we owned. As I stepped off the last step we made eye contact.

"Heya, sweets, you ready to not move for a really long time and get emotion over some films and fictional characters?" Spinel grinned cheekily while wrapping me in her arms and carrying me to the couch. She dropped me down onto the couch softly before sitting beside me, wrapping me in some blankets. Once done with the blankets she then wrapped her arms around them and pulled me so I was laying comfortably in her lap. "Comfy?"

"Very." I sighed, "I love you Spins." I kissed her hand since it was the closest I could reach. She smiled widely, running her hands through my hair.

"I love you too, doll."

~

I sleepily opened my eyes as I was gently woken up as Spinel set me down in bed, she softly stroked some hair out of my face with a smile before leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"Go back to sleep, sweets."

Too tired to argue, I closed my eyes and snuggled into the blankets and Spinel as she laid down next to me, humming a mindless melody softly. By the time I had drifted to sleep, the upset I had felt previously had was no where to be found, instead a warm feeling filled my chest and I fell asleep feeling content.