I am proud of who I am. [Older! Steven Universe]

Title: I am proud of who I am.
Type: Fluff/angst
Character: Steven Universe
From: Steven Universe
Pairing: Older Steven Universe X Reader

Type: Fluff/angstCharacter: Steven UniverseFrom: Steven UniversePairing: Older Steven Universe X Reader

I love this so much because I relate to not telling my family I'm bisexual as well. It was nice to write this knowing that I will always be accepted, if not by them but by others. Though I know they'll always be supportive of me.

Halfway through this, I realized that it said Bi Female Reader but I didn't see that until I was like 2500 words in so yeah, it's gender-neutral, sorry.

Not gonna lie, I didn't know what to do for the title. I kept/keep changing it.

Key:

(n/n) = Nickname

!Warning! Sensitive topics ahead, just their parent not accepting them and being rude but still a touchy subject, just a heads up.

~~~

"(Y/n) please, I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you, stop ignoring me!" Steven tried to grab my hand as I brushed him off for the fifth time since arriving at his house. He grew fed up with me disregarding him and so he grabbed my shoulders in a tight grip.

I tried to lean out of his hold but he wouldn't allow me too and in return brought me closer. "And I'm trying to subtly avoid it!" I yelled in anguish. "Please let me go, Steven." Tears filled my eyes while I continued to thrash in his slowly loosening grip. "Please." My voice cracked as I slowly let down the barricade of emotions I was holding in.

Rather than letting me go, he brought me into a warm hug. Before I could protest, Steven spoke up, "You don't have to tell me what's wrong, but you can cry if you need to, I'll always be here for you." He spoke with warmth in his voice, as if talking to a scared and frightened animal. "And know that whenever you need me, I'll be there for you, like you are for me all the time." The more he talked and comforted me, the more I sunk into his loving embrace.

Shakily taking in a breath I tried to clear my throat and stop the tears so I could speak, trying to sound less defeated then I am. "My parents rejected me when I came out as Bisexual." I managed to mutter through the cries of pain. "They told me I wasn't bisexual and that I either liked boys or girls and that saying liking both is me being greedy. But then they also questioned us and our relationship," I breathed in,  gathering my emotions, anger began to take over the sadness as I tried to explain to Steven what happened.

"They believed that because I was dating you I was only using you and that I shouldn't be with you. They made me feel disgusted for being myself. I felt weak and helpless as if I wasn't free to be who I want to be. For once in my entire life, I didn't feel comfortable being me." A shaky breath of air pushed past my lips as I closed my eyes in anger. Stevens's face held a look of sympathy as he cupped my cheeks with his soft hands making me look at him. His thumbs gingerly wiped away the tears that rolled down my cheeks.