//Training\\ [TDP Rayla]

Title: Training
Type: Fluff
Character: Rayla
From: The Dragon Prince
Pairing: Rayla X Startouch Elf Assassin Reader

!Unedited!

Please correct me if there are any mistakes but be nice about it.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

prompt:

Enjoy!

×××

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I let out a grunt as I was knocked back. I dug my feet into the ground as I leveled out my weight, grasping my dual swords, ones similar to my opponent, I glared menacingly towards my attacker. Baring my teeth at them I let out a low growl as they began to approach me once more. Soon they were close enough to be able to swing for me, just as they began to raise their weapons to strike me again, I lunged forwards, swinging my lethal blades towards them with force. They reacted quickly, lifting their own blades to block my advances leaving no openings. Strike after strikes I knocked them back each time, each push stronger than the last. The groaned as they began to dodge my blades, they moved backwards raising their versatile blades to fight back against me.

Eventually, they gave me an opening which I took it, hitting them with such a force that they tumbled to the floor in a heap, letting out a cry as they collided with the ground. I knocked they weapons far from them then pointed my blades at their throat. They sat weakly, staring at my blades, darting their gaze to my eyes, then back towards the threat as they gulped nervously. Hesitantly they threw up their hands as a sign of surrender, "alright, I give up. You win." They panted with slight envy in their eyes.

"Finally! I thought that was never going to end." I breathed a sigh of relief. I withdrew my swords and placed them behind my back, where they belonged and allowed my body to relax. I glanced down towards my love interest, Rayla. She was an Elf assassin like myself, however, she was a Moonshadow Elf while I was a Startouch Elf, despite our differences I grew up experiencing the exact training as her, if not slightly more difficult, since my parents were killed early on my life by humans. Since my village couldn't care for me, a Moonshadow Elf offered to take me in as her own. Once at their home, I was introduced to their neighbours, one of which happened to be Rayla. Ever since we met we had been inseparable. We began our training as an assassin the same day and grew to be skillful, strong and the fastest out of all of our comrades. Due to us being equally matched for each other we often tended to challenge ourselves by 'training', which consisted of us trying to determine who the better Elf was, yet it was all for fun, and we never let it ruin our relationship.

Nevertheless, even with our powerful bond, I was never able to confess my feelings towards the Elf I have known since I was practically born simply because I knew for a fact she didn't feel the same. It only proved to be more of a struggle when we found the dragon prince egg and set off on a mission to save Xadia and restore relations between both Elves and humans. On this mission, we were travelling with two human boys that go by the name of Callum and Ezran and their pet, Bait. After a series of event that led to the egg hatching, we now continued our journey to the border, though at the moment we were taking a break at the moon nexus, which both Rayla and I disagreed upon.