|The Forbidden Game| [Voltron]

Title: The Forbidden Game: The Hunter

Type: Normal

Character(s): Lance Mcclain and Keith Kogane

From: The Forbidden Game AU (made it myself in an exam because I was bored)

The book The Forbidden Game is a series written by the author L.J. Smith. Published originally in 1994, the series is comprised of three books (The Hunter, The Chase, The Kill) And it's my favourite book series ever!

So basically in this AU, this is how it works.

The main characters in the book are going to be played by the Voltron crew. So:

Jenny Thornton: (Y/n) (L/n)

Tom Locke: Lance Mcclain

Julian: Keith Kogane

Audrey Myers: Princess Allura

Dee Eliade: Takashi Shirogane

Michael Cohen: Hunk Garrett

Summer Parker-Pearson: Coran

Zach Taylor: Pidge Gunderson/ Katie Holt

Obviously, I'm going to change somethings up

In the books, Tom dates Jenny, but to give a choice at the end ( ;) ) I decided that it would be best if You and Lance didn't date, but acted as if you do and you have a massive crush on him. As well as the genders are going to change too, for obvious reasons. Along with Allura and Hunk aren't dating as well.

That should be it! (Also this is going to be a little of a series in this book)

Might change a little stuff but if I do I will try to update it as soon as I can!

If there get to be too many chapters, I'll make it to its own book/books.

I'll try to get reference art for both Keith and lance out soon but no promises

Let's begin and I really hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it!

Enjoy!

×××

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Why now of all times? I sigh as I glance over my shoulder, for a split second I saw two figures in hoodies trailing behind me, one dressed in a black T-shirt and leather vest along with a black bandanna, the other wore a flannel, black-blue plaid and unbuttoned, looked unwashed too. They were still there then, dammit. Though they were on the other side of the street, they were still a potential threat. Deciding to see if they were actually following I slowed down to pretend to look in a store only to notice they, too, slowed their pace, matching mine.

If only I hadn't been so stupid as to leave this so late, the game shop was still a few blocks away, I quickened my pace, not only was this a dangers neighbourhood but I'm alone and are definitely being followed. There had been recent riots and the police had only just cleaned everything up, however many businesses and cute little corner stores were still closed, even better, the street was almost desolate and bleak with shops. Nobody was around, which made me even more anxious, I have to hide somewhere and hopefully lose those two, strange trouble looking males behind me somehow.

Okay, don't panic, you've got this.

Glancing at my surroundings, I saw no immediate shelter or cover. There was nowhere to hide. I slipped my hair behind my ear, listening, were those footsteps my own or the rapid, scared thudding of my own heart. I really wished Lance was here with me right now, he would make me feel safe, warm and loved. He would protect me too, while also throwing a pick-up line in here and there to reassure me. He'd sling his arm over my shoulder, hold me close, keeping from harm's way.