♟Chapter 38♟

XANTHOS

XANTHOS

"Fuck you!" Natasha yelled when Mason by 'mistake' stepped on her feet.

"Oh? Really? I've been waiting for you to ask me since I first saw you."

"Whoa, calm down, beta. She's my sister. Stop talking like that to her." Edrala said with a warning glare.

Mason raised his hands in surrender. "I was just trying to be sarcastic."

I rolled my eyes and resumed walking as their commotion continued between them. My only concern was Bella, the love of my life.

'Even mine! My mate!' Luciano exclaimed in my mind.

'Yeah, She's Mine and yours but not Vlaxin's. Isn't that right?'

I know what I was doing. I was surely going to play with fire now. He had been very silent which I didn't want. I felt he knew something about this entire situation but doesn't want to share it.

'I would never give control to Vlaxin if our mate is near us.'

I believed he understood what I was doing.

However, still, I and Luciano didn't get any reply.

I growled in frustration. 'Vlaxin! Come on, talk something for me to know you're alive!' 

No reply. I can't feel his presence in my mind. I know he has done something to secure himself from me.

'I attempted to reaching him out, but some wall is blocking me.' Luciano muttered sadly.  

'How? Why?'

I waited for an answer. I thought back to the time when I was under Vanessa's compulsion. She was an influential witch but also a powerful bitch. She was one of those sorcerers who had the power to bring me in their compulsion. Well, Moon goddess gave me a big flaw there.

However, my demon got never compelled but he couldn't break the compulsion either.

"Leonardo, please hear me out for once! Your decision isn't right--" Amanda ran behind me towards our or more like my room.

She was really getting on my nerves. I knew my decision was right. It was for the welfare of my kingdom not for her race.

I stopped and turned swirled around in irritation.

"You're from a selfish category of species and I know what's your plan way to well."

Vlaxin growled in my mind.