♟ Chapter 16 ♟

B E L L A

B E L L A

Mason.

What was he doing in the forest? How did he reach here? Why was he only in black sweatpants in a forest? I had so many questions running through my mind. We held our eye contact for I don't know how much time. I was the first one to break it. I winced loudly making him snap out of whatever trance he was in. He jumped into my room through my window in one swift movement. He looked down at my back for a while.

"Wh-what happened? Your ba-back..." he stammered. I was planning some lie to tell when he interrupted my thoughts from going haywire. "Don't even dare lie to me Bella, I know someone has done this to you." He glanced at my back again, "Whips, " he paused. "You have gotten beat using a whip!" He exclaimed; his eyes held confusion and rage.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. Go-go back from where you came."

"Where are the bandages kept?" His face turned emotionless. I shook my head towards my closet. He nodded his head and made his way towards it. I just sat there watching him searching for bandages. When he found, he ran towards me. He carried me with one arm under my knees and the other below my neck. I winced when he lifted me from the ground. "I have to tell this to Vlaxin," he muttered to himself but I heard it.

"No! You wouldn't tell this to anyone." I tried to sound stern but it came out more like a whisper.

"I have to Bella." He set me on the bed. I was lying on my stomach and my face was pressed against the pillow. He gasped when he took in my entire state clearly. "Bella, you're body, it's covered with bruises. Wha-no who has been doing this to you?"

Oh, shoot! How did I forget my dress was torn?

"Umm, uh..you see once an upon a time-" A very loud applause for Bella Alby! First place in storytelling. I thought to myself and chuckled awkwardly.

"Bella, cut this bullshit. Tell me what's going on with you." He stared at me; pleading. "Please...I want to help you," he whispered desperately. Why was he making me emotional? It was working.

"If I tell you, you shouldn't tell it to anyone else. Promise me." I lifted my pinky finger. I looked away from my pillow to him. He was having a look of nervousness. "Please," I whimpered making him nod his head approving. He wrapped his pinky around mine.

"I promise I'll tell you everything honestly."

"I promise to not tell it to anyone." sounding pretty sus, Mason removed his pinky finger from mine. He looked at me; expecting me to begin telling him.

"I was eight when my mom died. You could say my father killed her indirectly. She died having a heart attack. I started getting abused from that day. When she finally closed her eyes was when my father opened his palms. I was and still given food once a week. I deserve only that much but still, I wanted to have food daily. I got bullied at my old school. No one actually ever called me by my name. I never had a single friend until I came here." I started sobbing. Mason wrapped his arms around me bringing me a feeling of safety.