♟ Chapter 22 ♟

X    A    N    T     H    O    S

I gazed at Bella who was peacefully sleeping on my bed. I recalled the way she was holding her head and crying out in pain. I felt really helpless when she was trying to bear the trauma she was going through. I knew she was soon going to remember her past. When she mumbled my demon's name, I felt him stir inside me with contentment. He even broke out just to hear her whisper his name more clearly.

The sound of the knock on my door echoed inside the room. "Come in." The door creaked open revealing Kathy. I internally rolled my eyes. This girl was not leaving me and Bella to have alone time together at all. It's her fifth time barging into my room.

'Bitch!' Luciano said in my head. I nodded my head in agreement.

"How's Bella?" She asked flipping her hair behind her right shoulder. Vlaxin was so much whipped by Bella that he didn't even notice this duck head of a girl walking inside our room.

"Stop fucking disturbing us,cagna," Luciano said angrily with a low voice. He controlled the growl that was threatening to come out. He didn't want our mate to wake up panicking.
(bitch)

"I was asked to check and update about Bella often as I'm one of the pack clinic's best staff. So yeah, I don't have any other option but to disturb you," She said with a straight face. Luciano huffed.

"I feel like you come here to check me rather than to keep a check on her," Luciano said out loud.

Kathy glared at me but soon masked her face with a sweet smile that could even make bitter gourd to taste like candy. Luciano snarled, making Kathy's I'mile disappear. I smiled with triumph.

She stared at me for a second before turning on her heels and sauntering out of the room.

'Closofio Manio.' I concentrated on my door for a second causing the door to close.

Vlaxin chuckled. I knew his attention has been captured by our mate. My gaze moved from my room's door to Bella.

When my eyes landed on her naive figure, I wanted to hold her close and protect her from the dangers outside but first I needed her to remember our past and what we two together actually make.

"Xanthos," I cracked out of my reverie by a small soft voice. I looked at Bella who was staring at the room in awe. Then a look of confusion flashed across her face. She then looked down at herself and the bed.

She yanked the blanket which was once wrapped around her. "Is this your room?" I nodded my head. "It's as eye catching as you." I stared at her in amusement. 

"You find me eye-catching?" 

"Mmm." She hummed absentmindedly while admiring my room.

"I might as well think you're flirting with me right now."