2.21 i think tony's the wisest guy in the mcu tbh

It takes a long time to become young. - Pablo Picasso

TONY STARK walked towards the Cradle. Bruce Banner followed him. Natasha was still missing, Steve was currently on his way with the two Maximoffs and they still had to fix this person inside the Cradle. It was chaos. But Tony knew chaos. He understood it better than anyone. He was the man for the job.

'Anything on Nat?' Bruce asked Tony.

'I haven't heard,' Tony answered. 'But she's alive or Ultron would be rubbing our faces in it.'

Clint jumped down from the Cradle. 'This is sealed tight.'

'We're gonna need to access the program,' Bruce explained, 'break it down from within.'

'Any chance Natasha might leave you a message outside the Internet? Old-school spy stuff?' Tony asked Clint, completely ignoring Bruce.

'There are some nets I can cats,' Clint answered. He walked away. 'Yeah, I'll find her.'

Tony turned to Bruce again, who was typing some things in a computer. 'I can work on tissue degeneration if you could fry whatever operational system Cho implanted.'

'Yeah, about that,' Tony began but never finished.

The two clever men just looked at each other. Bruce immediately understood what Tony meant, but didn't say. He wanted to fix his mistake. Meaning, repeating his action, just without the thing they did wrong first time. This was Tony Stark. And Tony Stark didn't give up a creation just because it failed last time. He wasn't a quitter.

'No.'

Tony walked towards Bruce, but for every step he took, Bruce stepped backwards. 'You have to trust me,' the billionaire told the scientist.

'Kind of don't,' Bruce responded which, in this situation, was fair.

'Our ally, the guy protecting the military's nuclear codes,' Tony began while making a gesture with a transparant remote, making a gold hologram appear, 'I found him.'

'Hello, Dr. Banner,' Jarvis said in his British accent.

Tony began explaining everything. 'Ultron didn't go after Jarvis because he was angry. He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do. So Jarvis went underground. Scattered, dumped his memory. But not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there until I pieced him together.'

'So,' Bruce scoffed, 'you want me to help you put Jarvis into this thing?'

Tony shook his head. 'No! Of course not,' he denied. 'I wanna help you put Jarvis in this thing. We're out of my field here. You know bio-organics better than anyone.'

'And you just assume that Jarvis's operational matrix can beat Ultron's?' Bruce asked.

'Jarvis has been beating him from inside without knowing it,' Tony responded. He started walking around the Cradle. 'This is the opportunity. We can create Ultron's perfect self without the homocidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality. We have to.'

Even Jarvis agreed. 'I believe it's worth a go.'

Bruce had a frustrated look on his face. He realized he couldn't think of any more arguments, so eventually gave in. 'I'm in a loop!' he exclaimed. 'I'm caught in a time loop. This is exactly where it all went wrong.'

'I know. I know,' Tony assured the man, walking to him. 'I know what everyone's gonna say. But they're already saying it. We're mad scientists. We're monsters, buddy. We've gotta own it. Make a stand. It's not a loop. It's the end of the line.'

At least, so he hoped with all of his heart.