1.02 tony finds out coulson's first name

I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring. - David Bowie

TONY STARK's mind had been on 100% lately, thinking about ways to improve him and make Stark Industries a friendlier company. So, when he finally finished lasering the pipes under water, he flew out of the cold liquid, on his way back to his tower, the Stark Tower, where he knew his best friend would be waiting for him. These little acts of selflessness made Tony felt a little better about himself and it helped immensely that Pepper supported those little actions.

'Good to go on this end,' Tony said into the microphone in his suit. 'The rest is up to you.'

'You disconnected the transmission lines? Are we off the grid?' his best friend Pepper responded through their phone call.

Tony looked at the small hologram of the tower in his vision with an almost unnoticeable smile. 'Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy.'

Pepper laughed. 'Well, assuming the arc reactor takes over and it actually works.'

'I assume,' Tony said, now flying in front of his large tower. 'Light her up.'

After the words had left his mouth, the letters of "STARK" and their underlining lit up brightly. It was the kind of color white that hurt your eyes, but Tony found it beautiful anyway. he had hurt people in the past. Too many people. So, now, he was going to make up for it. He could never fully clean the blood on his hands, but trying never hurt anyone. With this energy, clean energy, he was making the world a better place whilst becoming a better man himself.

'How does it look?' Pepper got him out of his thoughts.

'Like Christmas, but with more me,' Tony replied.

'We've got to go wider on the public awareness campaign,' Pepper told Tony as the businesswoman she was. 'You need to do some press. I'm in DC tomorrow, I'm working on the zoning for the next three buildings.'

'Pepper, you're killing me. The moment, remember? Enjoy the moment.'

'I am enjoying the moment! Just not like how you enjoy it.'

Tony shook his head with a smile, knowing that it was true what Pepper said. He landed on the platform on the balcony-like part of his tower. Robotic arms took his Iron Man suit off whilst he walked on to the door. He was looking forward to relax with a friend for once. They could play a board game. Tony despised games and boardgames in particular, but he would gladly play one with Pepper, simply because he knew that she did like it.

'Sir, Agent Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D. is on the line,' JARVIS, Tony's AI, informed him/

'I'm not in,' Tony responded. 'I'm actually out.'

'Sir, I'm afraid he's insisting.'

'Grow a spine, Jarvis. I can't deal with them today. He can come back next week.'

Once Tony was inside, he walked over to his friend standing in front of the digital board, where she looked anxiously at the data from the arc reactor Tony used for the energy supply. How much energy was generated, how well the stabilizers worked, how much it heated up... There was absolutely no need to monitor it, as Tony had already calculated many times that everything would go smoothly. So, Tony could conclude that Pepper was very nervous about this.

'Levels are holding steady,' Pepper said. 'I think.'

'Of course they are. I was directly involved,' Tony tried to comfort Pepper, but failed. 'Which brings me to my next question. How does it feel to be a genius?'