2.07 that's america's ass

But I always say, one's company, two's a crowd and three's a party. - Andy Warhol

TONY STARK, Maria Hill, James Rhodes and Thor Odinson stood together. There were surprisingly many people who showed up for the party. Everyone was talking, laughing, drinking, dancing, whatever people did at parties. The ambiance was light and happy. Things were right for once.

'So, no Pepper?' James asked Tony, getting him out of his thoughts. 'She's not coming?'

Tony just simply smiled and shook his head. 'No.'

'What about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?' Maria asked with a smirk.

'Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run,' Tony explained. 'Besides, I'm kind of leaning to the other team now. A certain Captain America has caught my eye, to be fair.'

But much to Tony's surprise, nobody flinched when he admitted his crush.

'We know,' Thor told the billionaire.

Well, that went a lot easier than expected.

'Yeah, it was actually quite obvious, but we wanted to hear it from you,' Maria mixed into the conversation. She turned to the colonel. 'Rhodes, I believe you owe me 12 bucks.'

Tony looked surprised to the two friends. 'Hold on, you made a bet on me? At least bet a little higher, come on.'

'I really hoped it would've been Rogers to first admit it. You really stabbed me in the back there, Tony,' James said faux disappointed.

'Did you honestly bet on that?' Thor scoffed. ' I would've said neither of them would ever have admitted it. Just look at them, they can barely see it themselves!'

Tony got irritated. 'Can we please stop talking about my undying love for Rogers and start pestering Thor?' he asked and fortunately it worked.

'Agreed,' Maria said. 'So, Thor, what about Jane?'

Thor laughed and shrugged. 'I'm not even sure what country Jade's in. Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer.'

Tony saw right through the blond. That sneaky little- The man was comparing Jane and Steve, implying the fact that Jane apparently had more success than Captain America himself. It felt as if he just insulted Tony himself. He scoffed and frowned. Did he honestly think that Jane would win from Steve fricking Rogers?

'You know that you're comparing someone to Captain America, right?' Tony put Thor in his place.

'There's even talk op Jane getting a, um, Nobel Prize,' Thorn ignored the brown-haired man.

'Yeah, they mus be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together,' Maria sassed as she coughed: 'Testosterone.' and left with James.

'But Jane's better,' Thor added.

'Have you even seen his ass?' Tony asked, genuinely offended.

A little later around midnight when the most of the guests left, Clint, Natasha, Bruce, Thor, Tony, Steve, Helen Cho and Maria Hill were gathered around a table, sitting on the ground, chairs, couch, whatever. All of them had at least a few drinks. Tony and Steve sat together on a couch, legs entangled. They enjoyed the other's presence and nobody commented on it. It was natural to everyone for some reason.

'But it's a trick,' Clint said while playing with some sticks, God knows if those were drumsticks or chopsticks.

'No, no,' Thor responded, passing Steve a drink, 'it's much more than that.'

'"Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power,"' Clint mocked. 'Whatever, man! It's a trick.'

Thor chuckled and made a gesture towards his hammer. 'Please, be my guest.'