2.01 steve being an old man

I don't know what my path is yet. I'm just walking on it. - Olivia Newton-John

STEVE ROGERS was driving his motorcycle. He drove toward Thor who was fighting soldiers from Hydra. Steve grabbed one of the man Thor was fighting and dragged him with him. He eventually threw the soldier against a tree. He then noticed men on his left, causing him to throw his shield in their direction and catching it a second later because it bounced back from a tree. There was a point where all the Avengers came together.

Tony then flew up in his Iron Man suit, towards the building where Hydra was supposed to be based. People tried to shoot him with, but he dodged every bullet. Then he bumped into something very hard. A protecting shield around the building. Obviously.

'Shit!' Tony cursed.

'Language!' Steve corrected Tony strictly. 'Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?'

Jarvis looked at the base via a satellite. 'The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Struckers technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken.'

'Loki's scepter must be here,' Thor mixed into the conversation while he was still fighting some men. 'Strucker couldn't mount this defence without it. At long last.'

'"At long last" is lasting a little long, boys,' Natasha informed the men out of breath.

Clint hit someone with his arrow. 'Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise.'

'Wait a second,' Tony said while he was still taking people out. 'No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said "Language"?'

Steve sighed. 'I know.' He grabbed the handles of his motorcycle and made a handstand while he flipped over so he had enough strength to throw the heavy thing towards people in a car. 'Just slipped out.'

The Hydra soldiers didn't stop shooting at Tony with really big weapons looking like cannons.

'Sir, the city is taking fire,' Jarvis informed his boss.

'Well, we know Strucker's not gonna worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion,' Tony commanded.

A little more below Tony, Steve was standing with Natasha, but Natasha ran over to Clint who got hit by a bunker. Suddenly the blond got lifted up in the air, but despite how unexpected the hit was, Steve still landed gracefully on both feet. His senses were on sharp now.

'We have an Enhanced in the field,' Steve informed his teammates.

Natasha didn't care. 'Clint's hit! Somebody want to deal with that bunker?' she asked through her earpiece. Steve heard Hulk roar loudly. 'Thank you.'

The blond man saw a group of five men. He threw his shield and hit the first two. He punched the third one and hit the fourth with the other side of his arm. He then hit the last on with his shield.

'Stark,' Steve began, 'we really need to get inside.'

'I'm closing in,' Tony reassured the hero. He got hit by a soldier and landed wobbly, but then shot both the soldiers in front of him. 'Jarvis, am I closing in? Do you see a power source for that shield?' Tony continued shooting people.

'There's a partial wave below the north tower,' Jarvis informed his boss.

'Great, I want to poke it with something.'

Jarvis obeyed Tony and sent a small missile. It hit a part of the building and suddenly the shining blue that protected the building disappeared.

'The drawbridge is down, people!'