Chapter Five: Cousins and Brothers

Error's POV:

I paced around the area right in front of the door, waiting for a doctor or nurse to come out to tell me how it went. I looked up as the door opened. A doctor came out. I immediately rushed over.

"How Is she?" I asked.

"She's fine. Is she your mom?" He asked, kneeling down. I shook my head.

"Aunt. My mom is busy." I replied. He nodded.

"Well, then go ahead in. She must stay for a few nights though." He told me as he stood up. I nodded.

"Okay! Thank you sir!" I thanked him.

He nodded and left down the hallway. I headed inside the room. Aunty Fate looked over to me as she saw me enter, holding a bundle.

"Hey Error." She smiled as I made my way over.

"Hey Aunty." I smiled back.

"Do You want to hold him?" She asked. I nodded. She handed me the bundle to reveal a white boned skeleton with a black ink splotch on his cheek.

"He's Like me...?" I whispered.

"Mhm. His name is Ink. Also, can you promise me something?" She asked. I looked up.

"What is it?" I wondered. Aunty Fate put her hand on my shoulder.

"I might not be there a lot. I'll try my best to be there, for both of you since I'm going to be moving in with you and your mother. I know you're only 10 but I wanted to ask... Could you protect him?" Aunty questioned.

"I promise I'll protect him." I answered, determined.

"Thank you." She smiled softly.

I stayed with her throughout the night. The next morning I looked out the door to see Nightmare in the hallway.

"What's up?" Aunty asked.

"Nighty's out there." I explained, looking over to my aunt.

"Is he your friend?" She asked.

"Mhm! We met around two years ago!" I chirped.

"Then you might want to go see why he's here." She smiled.

"Will You be okay alone, Aunty?" I asked.

"Yeah. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." She responded.

"Okay! Let me know or call a nurse if you need something!" I chirped.

She nodded as I went outside the room. Nighty's head immediately turned to me.

"Ruru? You're here too?" He asked. I nodded and sat next to him.

"Yep! My aunt gave birth to my cousin last night. The doctor said she'll have to stay overnight though.

"Really? My mom is giving birth to my little brother now." He said.

"Their birthdays will be a day apart!" I giggled. He chuckled.

"Nightmare Feelings?" A nurse called out, coming out of the room. Nightmare headed over.

"Yeah?" He asked. I stood up and watched.

"Your parents want you." She answered. Nighty nodded and went inside the room, not before waving at me. I waved back before going into Aunty's room.